Error with alternative upload in Blog Avatar Plugin

Hi,

I get the following errors when I click on alternative upload on the Blog Avatar page in Dashboard. Is there a remedy for this or should I remove error reporting in php?

Thanks,
AK

Error Below
============
There was an error uploading the file, please try again.
Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 448

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 456

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 464

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 472

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 480

Warning: unlink(/path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/avatars/blog/c81/) [function.unlink]: Is a directory in /path/to/mu/install/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 1212