Error with Easy Blogging

We are getting some wierd issues, and i finally got wp_debug to return the following error with easy blogging. It’s wierd it was never throwing an error until i turned on wp_debug. I thought it was theme related, but it doesn’t matter what theme i use i get this error. Any thoughts?

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2748

Notice: Use of undefined constant WP_NETWORK_ADMIN – assumed ‘WP_NETWORK_ADMIN’ in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_admin_pages.php on line 533

Notice: Use of undefined constant WP_NETWORK_ADMIN – assumed ‘WP_NETWORK_ADMIN’ in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_tooltips.php on line 55

• forthgear
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Did some more testing…..

So i have the WPMU plugin for allowing users to set their password when they create a site in pro sites. It also conflicts with Gravity forms and it’s captcha functionality. I disapled the contact form and the Password form, and the errors went away. Looks like gravity forms does not play well.

• forthgear

If I enable easy site, and go to the WPMU Dev dashboard, click on plugins search for contact, click on contact’s read more. I get the following error

Notice: Use of undefined constant WP_NETWORK_ADMIN – assumed ‘WP_NETWORK_ADMIN’ in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_admin_pages.php on line 533

Notice: Use of undefined constant WP_NETWORK_ADMIN – assumed ‘WP_NETWORK_ADMIN’ in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_tooltips.php on line 55

and have to disable easy blogging…..

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings forthgear,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

So i have the WPMU plugin for allowing users to set their password when they create a site in pro sites. It also conflicts with Gravity forms and it’s captcha functionality.

I have actually found that the Password plugin does interfere with just about anything that takes log in type of information or user name etc. which triggers the plugin for setting the password.

I choose not to use it so that people had to confirm their email addresses and of course WordPress sends the password to the registrants email address.

If I enable easy site, and go to the WPMU Dev dashboard, click on plugins search for contact, click on contact’s read more. I get the following error

I have tried to replicate this on my test production server and I must be missing something here – what I did is that I have Easy Blogging installed and activated, then I go to the regular dashboard and choose WPMU Dev Dashboard, clicked on plugins and in the search pout in contacts and I get:

No Results

Please change or clear your search filters above

Can you please advise me of the exact steps you are taking to get the error?

Cheers, Joe

• forthgear

Okay we have been doing some intense testing. And have found the following.

with WP_Debug(true) set

if i go to media library > add new

the image will start uploading, and then when it starts crunching, i get the following

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/class_wdeb_admin_pages.php:533) in /home/lendingb/public_html/wp-admin/async-upload.php on line 26

Now. If i set wp_debug(false), it will upload perfectly fine.

I have disabled every single plugin and enabled 1 by 1 to make sure it’s just easy blogging doing this. the problem is that easy blogging is a massive “must have” for our client, otherwise i just would uninstall it. I’m going to try and uninstall/reinstall easy blogging to see if that helps. But I would like to give you guys a login so you can get in and view the errors in the works, i’m not sure if you’ll be able to replicate it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings forthgear,

Thank you for the additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

At this point we are down to when adding things to the media library while in Easy Mode of Easy Blogging you get errors?

I am trying to get my thoughts together on what issue remains to see about getting the lead developer in here to take a look at the issue and though I have tried to replicate this issue, I still cannot on my test production server.

Please advise so I may get my head wrapped around it and call in the reinforcements for their invaluable advice.

Cheers, Joe

• forthgear

Aecnu,

Thanks for your prompt attention.

So i think the error we are seeing has always been there, but it could be related to the following.

We have the blog templates module installed since we are using pro-sites. We had finished creating our initial template everyone is going to use, and so i created 2 new sites and used the blog template.

The moment I did that, we started getting the easy blogging error. So i thought it had to be theme related. Come to find out, it’s easy blogging related.

So i honestly have no idea if that actually started the error or if it was always there. Since we had wp_debug set to false, we never noticed it.

All i know is we are getting that error, and i know it’s something we did out of order or something. I can get you access to the wordpress admin if you want.

• forthgear

I just fresh deleted and reinstalled easy blogging, and that didnt help either. On the dashboard i'm even getting the error. so i'm not sure if it's actually easy blogs that is causing the issue or if it's just a coincidence, here is an attached screenshot.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings forthgear,

Holy smokes I have never seen anything like it.

It is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• forthgear

I actually did the steps you just suggested.

I went through and actually de-activated every single plugin, network deactivate and individual site deactivate.

And i enabled easy blogging by itself, and i get the error. It gets it on twenty ten or twenty eleven themes, because i thought the same thing, it’s gotta be my theme. It has to be something in the core wp files or database that messed it up.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings forthgear,

I do believe you are on the right track with thinking it is the database, but not sure.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us to this bizarre phenomenon which has got me totally intrigued as to what could possibly cause this.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @forthgear,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Naw, I think it’s more likely that this topic got overlooked unfortunately. :slight_frown:

We’ve been re-assigning internal tasks lately, and I believe this product was transferred to a different developer.

I’ll ping him again. Sorry for the delay in responding.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I’m really sorry for the delay on this issue. The attached update should resolve the issue you encountered, can you please give it a go and see if it helps? Please note that I omitted the entire themes directory from the package, to keep the archive size manageable – everything else is there, though.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.