Error with User Sync

I tried to sync users from one site to another, but I received message saying that there was error during the sync.
I'm not sure what the message said exactly, because the message is not appearing anymore.
Can I run it again and see the error message?
Can I turn the debug mode on and see the logged error?
I can't see the option in the plugin wordpress user sync
before the first sync, the option was there.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Andre,

I hope that everything is going well for you today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what the message said exactly, because the message is not appearing anymore.
    Can I run it again and see the error message?
    Can I turn the debug mode on and see the logged error?

As you can see in https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-user-synchronization/#usage in the Debug Mode section, there should be a error log file in /plugins/user-sync/log/error.log.

If you cannot make this work, then please do send it along with some other details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -WordPress login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls
    -attach the error log file

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Andre
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris,

There isn't a error log file in /plugins/user-sync/log/error.log and I'm not able to turn it on after running the first sync. Should I uninstall the plugin in the master and sub site and try to reinstall setting the debug mode on? I don't understand why the option disappeared, because normally admins will only turn on the debug mode if an error happens...

Regards,
    André

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello André!

If there's no "Use Debug Mode" option available for you then yes - please "reset" plugin on "master" site by:

- going to sub-sites and disconnecting them
    - getting back to master site and using "Uninstall Options" button

After this the "Use Debug Mode" option should show up, you should be able to connect sites again and an error log should be produced after you try to sync users.

Would you give it a try?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andre

All right. After pushing the button 'Unistall Options (Delete all plugin's options from DB)', I am able to set the debug mode on. It should be settable without deleting all plugin's options from DB, shouldn't be.

• Andre

When running the sync, I received the following error:

Warning: fopen(/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/log/errors_s.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 171

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 172

To fix this error, I had to manually create the folder "log" under folder 'plugins/user-sync/' and set the folder permissions to 0755. Is that correct?

• Andre

I was able to sync all the users starting from the sub site (start the sync from the sub site) as expected, but during the initialization a message was shown: "There was a sync problem.". The final result is that I could sync everything, even this message was shown...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.