Errors after migration

Hi
I have used your "shipper" plugin to migrate my small multisite installation (https://www.af-ksa.com/) to your hosting environment, and shipper reported a successful migration. When I checked up the website, a lot of the settings went missing, so I tried to fix some of them, but wordpress is refusing to save the settings, example: I try to assign the main menu in the subdirectory website (https://babied-giveaway.wpmudev.host/riyadh/) but after selecting the main menu and saving, it drops the action!! Appreciate your guidance on solving this issue!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rabih,

Sorry to hear you're having issues after the migration :slight_frown:

Are you able to grant support access from WPMU DEV > Support panel so we can have a closer look at this?

If this doesn't work for you can you provide us with the login details so we can check it that way?
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rabih,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and can see the issue but I'm afraid that it didn't give me any info in the console about what might be going on.

Could you provide us with the FTP/cPanel/SSH and DB access to your source site so we can check this in more depth and see what might have happened with the migration?

You can use the same form I mentioned before https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question but use below template instead:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    Content:

- Source site login URL
    ------
    - Destination site login URL
    ------
    - Source site FTP/SSH credentials (host/username/password)
    - Source site cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Source site database credentials
    - Folder path to the site in question

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Rabih ,

I've checked the website that was transferred to us and the errors that you're facing are mostly from serialized arrays that haven't been updated or in this case most likely migrated properly. For example the saving of the menu that you refer to. These ( especially the menu cases ) tend to be issues from the Themes options as well.

Finding which array could be causing an issue here would be pretty impossible since we're talking about a multi-site as well but I can help out by manually migrating the website from your current hosting to us. That way if everything works as expected after we will be able to more easily identify what the issue might've been and fix it for an upcoming release.

Would it be OK by you if I manually re-migrated the site since you've already granted us access ?

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Rabih ,

I've migrated your site on our hosting so feel free to login and check if everything is ok :slight_smile: .

Please note that some urls, especially if hardcoded might still be looking at the old URL as well as some plugins might need to get configured again just in case they where domain bound with a license etc.

Tell me if you need any further help!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.