Errors after transfering to a new server

Hi!

I just moved my site from Dreamhost to GoDaddy. Now, there's a white bar where my wp admin bar should be and the following fatal error right beneath my footer:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_notifications_toolbar_menu() in /home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-members/bp-members-adminbar.php on line 150"

These errors weren't there before I moved to the new servers.

Support acces is active and I've sent you guys my FTP login data for GoDaddy with "Att: Tyler Postle" in the subject line, in case you need it.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Gabriel,

The error is basically saying that the function bp_notifications_toolbar_menu is not available.

My first guess would be that a file is corrupted, or not uploaded, something like that. I'd try uploading the files again. Check file and folder permissions too.

As it's the BuddyPress plugin, you could just download a fresh copy and then upload that.

Let me know how that goes, if needed I'll take a look for you.

Take care.

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi, man! Thanks for answering.

I was able to solve the db issue. For some reason not even the GoDaddy operators were able to tell me, a db connection was able to be established after I changed the db user password to the exact same password it had before. Actually, this database issue was solved even before I opened this thread, but I forgot to mention it -I'm doing it now just in case it's something relevant, even though it's already solved.

Anyway, I've deleted all my wp install through FTP and also the MySQL file that I had uploaded to the db. After that, I uploaded a different backup of my wp install (different than the one that generated the errors I mentioned in the post that pens this thread), a version that I'm 100% sure works perfectly, and uploaded the same MySQL file I had uploaded before. I've noticed an "error_log" file being generated inside the wp install when uploading my backup, with the following content: http://pastebin.com/BF2MAmQj

Now, when somebody access my site, the error message below is displayed:
    "
    Warning: require_once(/home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar-files/inc/UB_Admin_Bar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar.php on line 28

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar-files/inc/UB_Admin_Bar.php' (include_path='.usr/lib/phpusr/local/lib/php') in /home/wheelofcommerce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar.php on line 28"

The file custom-admin-bar.php is there, and this code is at line 28:
    require_once( ub_files_dir('modules/custom-admin-bar-files/inc/UB_Admin_Bar.php') );

Any idea on how to fix this? Does that error_log file at my wp install mean any problem?

I've sent my FTP and wp super-admin login data through the WPMU contact form yesterday, with "Att: Tyler Postle" in the subject field, in 2 separate emails -one for FTP and the next one for wp.

Thanks.

• Wheel of Commerce

Update:
    I've removed the ultimate branding folder, then got an error regarding protected content, then removed it too. I'm finally able to access /super-admin and everything seems normal.

Nevertheless, I was wondering: does it make any difference if I've uploaded a wp install that wasn't dowloaded (for backup purposes) the same day as the MySQL file I've uploaded to the servers? I mean, do both have to be "downloaded at the same day"? Because the wp install I've uploaded to GoDaddy (the folder wheelofcommerce.com, with all the wp files inside) was downloaded from Dreamhost at 27 -Feb, and the MySQL file I've uploaded to GoDaddy was downloaded from Dreamhost at 13-March. I've asked GoDaddy about it and they said it shouldn't cause any issues, but I'm asking here because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Another thing: the wp super admin login data I sent you guys was wrong, I just realized it now. Anyway, support access is still active, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again.

• Timothy Bowers

I'd need FTP/cPanel access ideally (+ admin/network access), I'd want to be checking the files there, the permissions on them, and also the ownership.

The errors are saying files are missing or can't be opened which is why I'd want to check those first. So Support Access through the Dashboard wouldn't be an option there.

It doesn't matter if the files were downloaded separately or on a different day from each other. Really though you'd want to ensure they're all the most current version, especially the DB so that no data is lost.

If you need those plugins, and are still getting errors, please can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Timothy Bowers
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel just in case I need to check the DB.
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care.

• Wheel of Commerce

Hi, man!

*Edited: I've sent 2 emails, the second one has the database info.

I'm not seeing the errors anymore, but wp is taking forever to load, in such a way that's impossible to get anything done. Some pages take even more than 10 minutes to load and when they finally do, it's all out of place, just a blank page with some links to wp pages dipersed all over the screen. At times though, the page loads normally, so the abnormal loading times seem to be random, though extremely frequent -like I said, it's impossible to work the way it is right now. At first I thought I would have to upgrade my hosting plan at GoDaddy, but I called them and they said it isn't the issue, as my RAM usage is at 200 MB at most and the plan goes till 512. If you can take a look into that and help me fix whatever is causing this, that'd be great.

The email with the info you requested has been sent.

Thanks.