errors appearing on "course details" page

Hi,
the follow attached pic shows a warning/error appearing on "course details" front end.

originally the server was using php 7.0.16
I switched to 7.1.2 and cleared wp-rocket cache and this made no difference.

the site is a sub-site (multisite) so i "network deactivated" all multisite plugins as well as the individual plugins on the sub-site.
so basically there would be no plugins activated (except CoursePress Pro) and the warning/error would still show.
I painstakingly deactivated each plugin one at a time, then referred to the page with the error, even jumping around the site, refreshing the browser, and even using another browser, before moving onto another plugin to try to find a conflict without success.

I created a second dummy course with a unit and strangely the error left the first course details page of the first course and now only appears on the second.
the only difference i can determine here is that the first one i am enrolled in and the second showing the errors i am not enrolled in, so i am not even sure if and how this helps.

i have since activated back all plugins and granted support access if required.
currently using the newest version of WP as well as CoursePress Pro.

please feel free if required to create courses/units etc. to troubleshoot if required as it is a test site.

your very kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Nithin

Hi amused,

Hope you are doing good today.

I checked your website, and I could see the issue. I tried setting up the plugin in a new subsite with PHP 7.12 enabled, but I'm not able to replicate the same issue.

The courses, seems to work fine without any warning notice as shown in your screenshot, do you have debug mode enabled in your system? If yes, you can disable debug mode by changing the line from define('WP_DEBUG', true); to define('WP_DEBUG', false);

If that's not the case, and debug mode was disabled till now. Please enable debug mode, so that we could see any errors related to this issue.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please replicate the issue by creating a new course, and enrolling in it. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

amused

hi,
    thanks for the help in this Nithin

you mentioned above "but I'm not able to replicate the same issue."
    please see attached pic that i can indeed see the warning/errors from the course (Course Three) that you created.

when i enabled debug mode the errors were still visible,
    however when i added the code for error logging they were no longer visible but i did indeed notice some error codes appear in the debug.log and i have therefore attached it as a .txt file to your instructions.

for the sake of clarity and trouble shooting, i removed the error logging code and yes indeed the warnings/errors did again appear on the front end as the attached pic shows.

currently, debug as well as the error logging are both ON.
    Kind regards and thanks again for your very kind assistance and support in this.

amused

[13-Mar-2017 11:26:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 4668
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 4671
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 4671
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:15 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:17 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:17 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:20 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:49 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:49 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:26:49 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:27:14 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:27:56 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:27:56 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:28:49 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:29:14 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:30:50 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:30:50 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:30:50 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:31:20 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:31:20 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:31:29 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:32:51 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:32:51 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:32:51 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:33:29 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:37:05 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:37:09 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:35 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:37 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:42 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:44 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/data/class-student.php on line 2004
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:49 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:53 UTC] PHP Notice: is_page was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:53 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772
    [13-Mar-2017 11:38:53 UTC] PHP Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/mcommunity/public/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1772