Errors in shop pages, theme incompability?

Hi guys, just tried out Marketpress and though it installed fine and admin options work, the actual shop pages all give the same errors, see http://flexiwaysolar.com/store/products/ for an example.

No product shows up, and it seems that the theme somehow is not compatible?

I know that I will probably be sent to the theme support (and they will likely send me back), but do you have any idea what could cause these errors?

Thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Patagonia,

Looks like theme incompatibility to me. Can you try out some other theme and see if it still shows up?

You need not activate another theme, just go over to Appearance > Themes and click preview for any other theme. Then in the preview, navigate to the store and products page and see if the errors still show up.

Let me know!

• Patagonia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Arun, good thinking. Yes, with another theme previewed (I checked the standard one and another premium theme) it works. At least until the moment I filled out my address and click the continue order button after which the same error is displayed, referring to the active theme.

Maybe it is because the theme already had ‘products’ defined?

• Patagonia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Arun, I had taken MP off for now, but the errors were:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/creator/AIT/Framework/WpLatte/WpLatte.php on line 111

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/creator/page.php on line 10

Fatal error: Call to a member function options() on a non-object in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/creator/ait-cache/_Nette.FileTemplate/_Templates.main-page.php-d4cd7c5d3846087b21f4aee2f50ffcce.php on line 72

WP-latte is the theme creator’s (AIT) template system.

Line 111 on WpLatte.php is

foreach($posts as $post){
    $return[] = new WpLattePostEntity($post, $meta);

Page.php, line 10:

$latteParams['post']->classes = implode(' ', get_post_class());

Line 72 on the mainpage file is:

<?php isset($post->options('page_slider')->overrideGlobalSlider) ? $localSlider = 'slider' : $localSlider = 'someRandomNotImportantStringHome' ;//

So not sure what could have gone wrong there, but seems to do with the post types?

By the way, though the theme uses ‘products’ as Custom post type (as does MarketPress), the internal name is ‘ait-products’, so that should not cause a problem?

Thanks for any light you can shed on it.

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.