I have uploaded one website to the system (https://www.meno-me.co.nz.nicer5.com) that I'd like to sort out first. The one I've synced is the staging/test site for the website I need to sort out. I have lots, of issues with it in the backend;
It has a child theme as we did a lot of customisation. Unfortunately the programmer did not supply me with documentation of the changes (despite me asking). I get nervous every time we need to update.
Anyway for now I need help on some errors....
The back-end plugin section has big issues;
1. Some back end pages take ‘forever' to load e.g. plugins area, system status.
2. errors e.g;
- back end plugin area - eCommerce Addon failed to check for updates because of the following error: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 10001 milliseconds
- back end plugin area - Your Minification plugin I managed to install says - cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds
- back end plugin area - Can't activate your Snapshot pro - activation failed 500 internal server error.
- system status page - wp_remote_get() failed. The WooCommerce plugin updater won't work with your server. Contact your hosting provider. Error: Resolving timed out after 15000 milliseconds
3. When trying to add a new plugin - An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.
So I can't add new plugins in WP, I have to do it manually via FTP.
4. Browser Caching is not working properly:
- Your server may not have the "expires" module enabled (mod_expires for Apache, ngx_http_headers_module for NGINX)
- Another plugin may be interfering with the configuration
If re-checking and restarting does not resolve, please check with your host or open a support ticket with us.
Can you help?