Errors on Batch Create install

Hello,

I installed batch create but when I clicked on batch create in the navigation menu to go to the upload page, I saw these errors at the top of the page:

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/myvfw:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php:disappointed:tmp) in /home/myvfw/public_html/nh/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2096

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/myvfw:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php:disappointed:tmp) in /home/myvfw/public_html/nh/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2087

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/myvfw:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php:disappointed:tmp) in /home/myvfw/public_html/nh/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2096

Also saw this above the file upload area:

Unable to create directory /batch-create/. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

I successfully used this plugin in another subdirectory so I know it can work on my server. Not sure why this folder is giving me a problem.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi theshu,

If it's working in another sub-directory on your site, I'm guessing this would just have to do with permissions on this particular site. Can you check that the parent directory is writable, perhaps a permission level set to 755?

Thanks,
    David

• tarasue
    • Recruit

I've tried changing all of the directories to 777 and still get the same error so I'm not sure that's the problem.

What about the php errors? Particularly the second warning that says the file already exists. Did some sort of temporary file get created when I ran the plugin in a different subdirectory that would prevent the program from running in this subdirectory?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Batch Create itself shouldn't have any issues running across sub-directories. Just to check though, is this a Multisite installation of WordPress? And does it have a top level domain?

If not, that might be the issue, which actually is a core issue, as Multisite doesn't work well in a sub-directory.

-David

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@DavidM and @theshu

open_basedir restriction in effect. TO FIX THIS DO THIS :slight_smile: i know i had the same problem on my server

WHM Main >> Security Center >> PHP open_basedir Tweak "Just turn it off"

@David if you would like to log in to my BOX to have a look let me know :slight_smile:

@theshu Also try this

From SSH
    blogline This will need to change to your site
    chmod -R 777 /home/blogline/public_html/
    chmod -R 777 /home/blogline/public_html/wp-content
    chown -R blogline:blogline /home/blogline/public_html/

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

• stevewest15
    • Flash Drive

Hi Mason,

The info Mark provided of setting the user's entire site to 777 permissions is simply BAD and will only result in getting his site hacked!

I'm only seeing this error on when users enter the "Easy Mode" (which is running via the Easy Blogging plugin). If users exist the "easy mode", the error about "Unable to create directory /batch-create/. Is its parent directory writable by the server?" disappears.

WP: 3.4.2

SW

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya SW,

If you're having a new issue could you open a new ticket?

Note, we only recommend using 777 permissions for testing purposes to rule it out as a possible culprit. You're right, we wouldn't ever want someone to leave their entire site at this level. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.