Errors when adding item to cart

Any idea what is causing the following errors when adding a product to the shopping cart? I've removed all plugins except domain mapping and supporter and the error is still occurring. I've updated MarketPress, supporter & domain mapping to the latest versions.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 742

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 742

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 1993

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya cdkrauth,

I think you just need to clear your browser cache or cookies - are you running the latest version of MarketPress (2.0.4)?

Let us know. Clearing that should solve the issues and it shouldn't crop up again - but let us know!

Thanks!

• cdc19
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It wasn't a browser cache issue. It was an error reported by a customer. I was able to duplicate it on my Macintosh using both Firefox and Safari.

My first step in troubleshooting was to upgrade MarketPress. Next I removed all regular plugins. Then upgraded supporter. Domain Mapping was already at the latest version. None of these options made any difference. I then went to another computer and was still able to duplicate the problem on both Chrome and Firefox.

My last step was to implement the very latest WordPress upgrade to v. 3.1.2. That seemed to fix the problem. I've now reactivated all my plugins and everything is working fine.

I have to say I am a bit baffled. I had not made any upgrades or changes to the site and it seemed to just randomly break. I have MarketPress installed on three different sites on a multi-site installation and all sites experienced the same problem.

• cdc19

The problem came back today. I realized I had not updated the entire network after completing the WordPress upgrade 2 days ago. When I did that, the errors returned.

I've already downloaded & installed MarketPress 2.0.5, but the errors do not go away.

Any ideas where I can look to fix this?

Cheryl

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 756

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 756

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fowi/public_html/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:37) in /home/fowi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 2007

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya cdkrauth,

Sorry about the delay in response here. I've just asked one of our developers to swing by and take a look with you on this. I can't reproduce the error on any of my installs.

Do you have a file in your root directory called index.php(1)? You shouldn't... maybe something went wrong during an upgrade? Just thinking out loud here. Let us know and the developer will be along shortly.

Thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

You have some plugin or theme that is echoing something way to early, before the template redirect. And the fact that eval() is in the message is troubling as that's usually a sign of an exploit.

First disable all other plugins/mu-plugins and switch to default 2010 theme. If that doesn't work I search all your files for eval function, starting with /public_html/index.php

• cdc19

I already tried disabling all plugins including the mu-plugins. The error is occurring on all sites regardless of the theme installed. Since the themes come from several different theme developers I doubt it is a problem with the themes.

• cdc19

I replaced the index.php in the root of my installation with a fresh copy from the wordpress download. The problem disappears. A few hours later it returns and the eval line is in the file. See attached.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this?

• cdc19

Thanks. I was able to prevent it from re-populating by changing file permissions. What should I look for to determine whether or not it has infected a computer. My virus scan programs are not currently detecting it.

Thank you for the instructions for cleaning the site. Do you have any experience with "Exploit Scanner?"

• Aaron
    • CTO

If it comes back after overwriting all WP files it's probably infected your theme or plugin files. Most common place is theme's functions.php files. Nasty little buggers.

I'm quite angry now because i've spent half the day trying to recover after being infected by your code. It exploited flash 10.2 and I hadn't yet updated to 10.3 which was only released a few days ago. Virus protection caught it, but not before it wiped out my entire start menu.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.