PHP: Escape characters inserted in front of apostrophes - solution

Apostrophes within the title or caption of slides added to the Gallery homepage slideshow have escape characters (backslashes) inserted in front of them after the slide is added. This results in things like "family\\\'s" instead of "family's" being displayed. Until this apparent bug is fixed, is there any way to work around it (other than rewording the caption so that no apostrophes are used!)?

This is a clean install of Wordpress, with both Wordpress and the Gallery theme having been installed and downloaded with the past couple of days, so everything is up to date.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi dc2012

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I've been doing a bit of research for you on this matter and would firstly like to mention that this is actually not a bug with the Theme or WordPress, but rather that PHP deals with apostrophes thinking that it's part of a string and therefore adds the escape character in front of the apostrophe.

You can see the solution for the problem here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1522313/php-mysql-real-escape-string-stripslashes-leaving-multiple-slashes

I hope this information is helpful and that it will solves your problem. I will resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.