Established Wiki examples

Can anyone who is running a Wiki using the WPMU DEV plugin post a link to their site?

I'm thinking about building a site based around this plugin and would like to see some demonstrations of what is possible and what other folks have achieved. My implementation has the potential to run into one that is several hundred pages or more and am wondering about to potential scale of this and how well it could handle that much information.

• aecnu

Greetings Saunt Valerian :slight_smile:

sir is this a trick question??? ..... lol

My implementation has the potential to run into one that is several hundred pages or more and am wondering about to potential scale of this and how well it could handle that much information.

This is going to entirely depend upon you hosting resources - how well it will handle massive amounts of information, how well the Database is parsed, since it is almost certain that if it works for one posting or five postings then it shall continue to go forward until it reaches a resource limit.

It is highly unlikely that an end user is going to post there wiki URL here seeing you and others as competition.

However, if you like I can go ahead and set this up on our test server and post a link for you :slight_smile:

Since this is not a true trouble ticket I am going to mark it as resolved.

If you do need assistance sir with a problem please let us know :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• Saunt Valerian

Sorry if I was unclear about my request. My intent is to have this thread be an informal showcase about what is possible with the Wiki plugin, not to create a place for competition. I'm not talking about a general-knowledge wiki anyhow - not sure anyone deploying the wiki plugin would be working in a general knowledge field with it anyhow. I see it as a tool to develop a niche-based wiki. Which is what I'm exploring.

When I mention scaling, I'm more interested to see what other have done in terms of what happens to navigation when the wiki grows beyond 100 articles or more. Navigation is easy when it is only 20-30 articles, but I want to get a better grip on what needs to be considered as the number of articles grows. Just now in the concept stage, my niche-based can start with about 200 individual articles that need to be written.

I'm not worried about server issues right now, I've got a stable setup. I'm running multisite and several of the subsites have nearly 2,000 posts with an equal number of media items and the server hasn't even farted yet. That kind of scaling isn't an issue right now.

Anyhow, the only links I can find so far here in the forum is just testing installations that other members have done. I'd like to see what others have in a successful deployment of this plugin for their niche, business or organization.

I'm going to mark this as unresolved for now, but maybe you can move it to a more appropriate forum board section if you think that is prudent.

Thanks!

• Saunt Valerian

@kennibc - I'm thinking of this one to take advantage of the integration with WordPress and the existing Multisite/BuddyPress membership that I already have. With that established memberbase, I've got a ready supply of contributors already on tap. With this plugin, I can deploy a new subsite with it allow them access to edit and create articles with no need for a complicated bridge or account issues.

• Saunt Valerian

My wiki setup is almost done. I have some content stuff to do before I open it up and start promoting it, but the functionality is there. I even added some extra plugins for footnotes and tables of contents. It actually looks pretty amazing. I intend on posting a write up about the build to showcase once I open to the public, I'll a listing and links of the plugins I used to add extra functionality.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.