Even though paypal charged the renewals, it is not updating Protected Content and members are

Hi there:

Specifically for this site
bit.ly/1sUaNb9 BUT if this is a problem with Protected Content then it will likely be effecting other subsites.

Also, I notice on updates sometimes setting get remove, addons deactivate, and not sure of other unwanted changes are made. Can this be prevented in future updates so we can rest more easy when updating? I have notice this with other plugins too but most recently (and importantly) with Protected Content plugin. Updating it just breaks stuff sometimes (not really a fun thing) . . . smile.

Even though paypal charged the renewals, it is not updating Protected Content and members are losing their access rights to pages. For example, one customer shows they paid initially (invoice in PC shows "paid"), but the last two monthly billings show only "billed". However, in the setting area under members it shows they have the correct package and they are a member. On their end (as I tested it with their login info), the last two invoices show only "billed" and they have not access to anything they are suppose to have access to. I am not sure yet of others.

I have the latest version as well. Also, I updated the IPN one of your last past updates too. I tested it before and the IPN worked.

How can this be fixed asap?

Also, they already have paypal subscriptions going. So, how do I reactivate them without breaking the subscriptions and allowing the next natural renewal that they already have pick up it up automatically?

How can this be prevented...I was totally in the dark about it until one of the members let me know??? My end shows they are active and NOT expired and there end shows they were billed only and that they see they are expired and do not have access to anything. It is majorly confusing.

I am currently looking at other members...

Please let me know...

Thanks.

• Greg

More Info:

A few weeks ago you guys did a update on Protected Content and put a note to be sure to update the new IPN url. I did that immediately back then too fyi:

The old prior to that particular update back then was:
    http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard

The new you instructed use to use was:
    http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard (it appears here with no dash "-" between the word paypal and standard. So, that was done.

I have been getting new orders go through fine by the way and Protected Content does recognize the payment and updates their website account to get access to what they need (plus their /account shows active and invoice shows as paid. All good.

HOWEVER, when the renewal comes due and paypal actually pays (by the way payments are actually received in case your wondering on that), Protected Content is not updating their accounts and they lose access. But as admin, it still shows them as active on the plan (nothing I see as admin notifies me or causes me to think anything is wrong at all)!

But . . .

On their login after a renewal happens they /account shows expired, their invoices show as only "billed" not paid, and they lose access to everything too etc etc etc.

------

Also, I just looked at some other accounts and it is doing the same thing for everyone. Everyone effectively are being expired, billed (but not showing as paid), and no access at all after the first renewal and beyond.

***Just in case, I just add support access to the wpmudev dashboard as well.

Please jump on this and I need to know how to make everyone active on their respective plans without breaking their current paypal subscriptions too.

Lastly, please put some red blinking light or some notices or something on the backend to tell us something like this is going on so it can be fix fast in the future (I had not clue as the admin area shows them all current and active on my end but not from their point of view with their login).

Please help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your description!

So the membership is still showing applied to the member even though the payment isn't showing as "paid"? This does sound like an IPN issue.

In your PayPal account can you go to:

My Profile > History > IPN History. and check what the status of the last calls were? That should help us find the issue here.

Also, I notice on updates sometimes setting get remove, addons deactivate, and not sure of other unwanted changes are made. Can this be prevented in future updates so we can rest more easy when updating? I have notice this with other plugins too but most recently (and importantly) with Protected Content plugin. Updating it just breaks stuff sometimes (not really a fun thing)

We had a major update from 1.0.4.9 to 1.1 that made some big changes to the membership types and also added some add-ons; however, add-ons should never be deactivated when updating - do you remember which add-ons this was happening too?

Also, they already have paypal subscriptions going. So, how do I reactivate them without breaking the subscriptions and allowing the next natural renewal that they already have pick up it up automatically?

Change the billing to "Paid" that should provide the access again

Look forward to hearing back on this Greg!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Greg

@Tyler Postle

Thanks for getting back. I am not sure if you noticed the 2nd reply I posted following the initial post or not (if not could you take a look at that as well and just wanted to be sure you were aware of that additional info).

Your current IPN removed the dash "-" (is that correct or not correct). That is something that should be looked at if not (I have just copied and pasted the new IPN that was give in PC and used that).

Part of the 2nd post after my initial post includes this (along with info).

A few weeks ago you guys did a update on Protected Content and put a note to be sure to update the new IPN url. I did that immediately back then too fyi:

The old prior to that particular update back then was:

The new you instructed use to use was:
    http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard (it appears here with no dash "-" between the word paypal and standard. So, that was done.

***So, should it have a dash there or not and if it does PC needs to adjust that because right now it show no dash.

In your PayPal account can you go to:

My Profile > History > IPN History. and check what the status of the last calls were? That should help us find the issue here.

See attached the last 28 days IPN history . . .

We had a major update from 1.0.4.9 to 1.1 that made some big changes to the membership types and also added some add-ons; however, add-ons should never be deactivated when updating - do you remember which add-ons this was happening too?

Yea. I remember. ALL of them deactivated!

Around that same time, you had a note in one of the updates to double check the IPN's (which I did and that is when I saw the dash was removed as described and I updated on Paypal exactly what is showing in the current/new PC payment settings for Paypal Standard).

Change the billing to "Paid" that should provide the access again

Ok, I will try that . . .

I just noticed in the IPN history there is a way to resend the IPN again by selecting the ones that have a "Failed" status but it will not allow me to try the ones marked as "Retrying" though. What is the nuance between them? Would that also work to make them active again on their side or is marking them manually the only way to do it?

Also, what is this IPN history indicating to you and how we can fix it asap?

• Greg

Hey @Tyler Postle

I am circling back around to you on this. I have some recurring subscriptions coming due and would like for Protected Content to be sure to update their accounts so it stops expiring people after the initial (or 1st) recurring purchase. The first purchase always works to make their account active by the way. See the other info posted in this thread that answered some of your other questions.

I recently had to manually go through everyone and change their "billed" invoices to "paid" so their accounts would show to them as "active" and have access to what they need. I did this by having to go to Paypal and confirm their 2nd or even 3rd payments went through and then I marked paid accordingly manually.

Can we get this fixed ya think soon? Why would it send the notification perfectly the 1st purchase or initially and not subsequent ones?

See the other parts of the thread for more context please.

Greg

• Greg

@Michael Bissett per your request on live chat here is the site: http://bit.ly/1AkgXop (support access is still enabled). We referenced:

March 26th usa time live chat support session: Thursday - 10:30AM - 11:30AM Session
    @Michael Bissett Yea, it is monthly recurring. I think I manually marked two billed invoices as paid for the same date and then removed one as it was for only one. The start date was Jan 30th 15. The recurring is set in PC for 1 time per month after that. So, your second message would be true even if the Paypal side shows the subscription as "indefinite" as far as the length of time of the subscription though? I could see it being out of sync if it had a end date for the subscription but if it is set as "indefinite" less so at the moment if changes were made in the db? Just making sure . . . smile.

There reason I had to manually mark people paid is directly related to this thread.

• Greg

@Philipp Stracker

Would you please look at this thread? Also, I just got this from Paypal directly (see below and attached).

This began when there was a IPN update in Protected Content. Please let me know. The first payment notifications always goes through perfectly but not subsequent ones. If you review this thread and below you should get a great idea of what the issue may be. What was it necessary, just curious, to change the IPN in PC before anyhow?

FROM AND TO PAYPAL:

-------------

Hi Paypal:

We received this:

"Hello Greg,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal_standard

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,
    PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PPID PPxx - xxxxxea2db272"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We responded with this via email but you do not monitor that email. So, here is our response (please let us know). We also had 2 attachments (screenshots) but you do not allow uploads here it looks like:

Hi there,

I am looking into this, but notice that you URL in this email has a underscore between the ending of "paypal_standard"

However, please see the screenshots for our platform and what is in the Paypal IPN on your site. It has "paypalstandard" together with no underscore. It should be:

http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard (this is what we have in Paypal even right now so I am not sure why there is a underscore in the email version one. Do you think that is the reason?

I will check with my provider of the cart, but I asked them before and it seemed to be correct (but will ask again though).

Please see attached and let me know.

Greg

---------------

Thanks. Please let us know ASAP so we can resolve.

Greg

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Hope you're doing well today!

Subscriptions that were created before you changed the url will still be using the old IPN url, which actually shouldn't be an issue since both URL's should work - you actually didn't need to change it to the new one in the first place, it still should have worked with the old one

Are new subscriptions renewing properly? Or maybe they haven't reached their renewal date to tell yet. Here is a thread with more info on the IPN url and a fix for when changing the IPN url, although this is more meant for when the domain changes, the information is still good: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business-Archive/IPN-Notifications-posting-to-wrong-URL/td-p/484140

Do you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Greg

@Tyler Postle

Thanks for getting back . . .

I just renewed support access so you can look now.

No, new subscriptions are not renewing properly as I see it.

So, all I need to do is use http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard (which is the old one I had before and it seemed fine).

However, why would Paypal send me a email with http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal_standard (with a underscore in it)?

I have never used a underscore at all at any time either.

Can the new PC just show what it should be in the "edit" or "configure" area of the Paypal standard setup in PC?

Right now, it shows it should be http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard

I will look at that link as well. Thanks.

***You now have support access.

Update: I few seconds ago, I received that same email from Paypal service you see above (2nd time).

Greg

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your reply!

It should work with the old or new IPN URL. is it possible that when you entered it before that you had the underscore in it? The only reason I can think of for you receiving those emails is if you had the IPN with the underscore before and it's logged for your existing memberships, so it's trying to ping it when they renew - did you just have a membership set to renew? It doesn't look like you did.

Can you check the IPN history for the failing ones and click on the message ID so we can find out what the status code is. The fact new memberships aren't working either though is odd, makes me think there may be a plugin blocking communication here - have you added any plugins around the time it stopped working?

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Greg

IMPORTANT: @Tyler Postle and @Philipp Stracker and @Michael Bissett

A new person signed up today and did not get access. I had to manually do it. This prompted me to spend a good bit of time to get to (hopefully) the bottom of this once and for all . . . smile.

I have been on the phone with Paypal IT and think this may be the issue. Before the update a while back on Protected Content it was showing the correct IPN to use in the "Edit" section for Paypal Standard to configure in right which was http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard (WITH A "-" DASH inbetween "paypal-standard"). Back then, it worked perfectly.

However, when you did the Protected Content update a while back your instructions for the IPN url changed to having NO DASH (see the screenshot).

This one does not work: http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard (NO DASH between paypal and standard)

Well, the NO DASH one does not work per the IT tech AND also this was double confirmed by using a tool they have to simulate IPN sends too here: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/ipn_simulator

The NO DASH version that is current shown on the instructions in the Protected Content "Edit" configuration area does NOT work with the above simulator and the IT tech support also manually confirmed that it is not right either.

I told him it use to work perfectly before that certain update on the cart (PC) and mentioned for him to just try http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard again manually. It worked fine. Also, the simulator worked fine too. So, I just changed it to http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard again (i.e. with the "-" dash).

See attached.

My proposal is to change change the instructions for Paypal Standard setup in the Protected Content area under "Edit" where instructions are given to folks on what IPN url to use in their Paypal accounts (otherwise everyone will be confused and have a similar issue as I):

1. Change the url in the instructions to having the dash again:

2. Get them this link to be able to actually test the IPN under different transaction types (I and the IT tech support at Paypal used "Web Access" as the Transaction type. Then just put the IPN url in>then scroll all the way down and don't worry about inputting anything at all on the next page and submit it (it will read if it failed or if it was a success).

***Also, I found out why the Paypal IPN failure notification had a UNDERSCORE in between "paypal" and "standard" as well (as that was baffling to me). I never ever put a underscore in the IPN EVER!!! So, I asked. He said that is normal for them as it indicates that the IPN failed (they change it on there end on those failure notice emails for IPN's). So that is the reason for the underscore deal here:

NOTICE THE UNDERSCORE IN PAYPAL'S EMAIL . . . (all that is telling them and us is that it failed)

Hello Greg,
    Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
    http://mysite.com/ms-payment-return/paypal_standard
    If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.
    Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
    Thanks,
    PayPal

In the meantime, I have just changed several Paypal accounts to include the url with the dash even though PC's current instructions is without one (and will monitor it with live payments for new and recurring memberships to see and confirm it will work BUT I hope there is not other parts of the actual code that does NOT have the DASH that will cause a issue . . . I am just wondering WHY the "Edit" IPN instructions was changed in the first place in PC:

Please let me know your thoughts on all this.

Does this help (hopefully others too)???

Greg

P.S. The Paypal IT tech support mentioned that the developers (you) should changed the instructions on what url to use (i.e the one with the dash that works) or reconfigure it if there is some reason why you do not have it).

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Thanks for such a complete explanation here! That's awesome. I tested my PC IPN's with the simulator and got successful for both them, with or without the dash - which is how it's suppose to be.

I'm still going to message the developer and let them know about this, just so they can have a read through your issue there - it's the first time I've seen it, but it could be useful information to them. Thanks again for posting sending some points your way for putting the time into that.

Let us know if you do run into any further issues. I'll keep an eye out for this as well just in-case it does come up again.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Greg

@Tyler Postle @Philipp Stracker @Michael Bissett

Cool. Thanks.

Here is one last piece of info (for now) on this that could help. Below are the screenshots of doing the https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/ipn_simulator

The first screenshots are the IPN failed attempts and error code info on it WITH NO DASH. The next are the IPN success attempt using it WITH THE DASH:

***Perhaps the error message will help on your end or help you see what I might need to adjust on our end (either way) . . . smile?

• Greg

@Tyler Postle @Philipp Stracker @Michael Bissett

Guys, I am still getting these email notification from Paypal. Other's are bound to be gettting similar. Can you let me know what to do and when this all might be handled soon so this will stop?

Are you having any bug issue on this etc?

See above (previous thread info) and attached.

***and, not I do not have a underscore "_" between paypal and standard. I have /paypal-standard (with a dash). See the above successful IPN send from https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/even-though-paypal-charged-the-renewals-it-is-not-updating-protected-content-and-members-are#post-857634

I actaully spoke to the Paypal tech and they said the "_" is something they change on their end to indicate a failure. I asked him several times about this and he reassured me that is what the "_" is for even though I have a "-" (dash) instead.

The "no dash" does not work at all (which is what was used in one of the upgrades but was told by wpmudev that both the "dash" and "nondash" versions would work fine. The dash works supposedly with mine via the Paypal IPN system.

Greg

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

This is still the only case of this issue that I've seen. I just re-checked mine and both are still sending successfully.

Since you are receiving notifications that both aren't sending correctly, but it looks like one of yours does send correctly when you send it. I'm wondering if this is a server issue. If for any reason something is blocking communication with that url then the IPN will fail.

I went back in this thread and I don't think I ever asked - who is your web host? and what type of hosting do you have? ie. shared, vps, dedicated, etc.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Sorry for the delay here. I've spoken to one of our developers about this and they also think it's a server side issue. Would you be able to share the Message ID of one of your failed IPN's?

I'm referring to the message ID's you can see in your screenshot here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/even-though-paypal-charged-the-renewals-it-is-not-updating-protected-content-and-members-are#post-848085

If you click one of the ID's then it should give us more information that I'll pass onto the developer so we can see what the issue is check one of the "retrying" ones too. The message ID page might have some sensitive information on it, so if that's the case you can send it in privately to me through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question".

Subject line: "Attn: Tyler Postle"

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Greg,

I just had a closer look at your website and the PayPal IPN payments but could not pinpoint the exact issue yet.
    A strange thing that happened was: The IPN Test was successful when WP_DEBUG was enabled, but it failed once I disabled WP_DEBUG again.

Since you don't have any obvious Caching plugins installed that could interfere with the IPN response I think the most likely scenario is another plugin that interferes with the IPN request.
    So I used your "test" site to configure Protected Content and check the IPN results there - and it worked on the test site. For testing purposes I also activated all plugins that are active on the affected website, but IPN did still return a success message.

This leaves me to the conclusion that some plugin setting is causing the IPN request to fail.
    Is it possible for you or us to briefly disable the plugins one-by-one and make a IPN test after each plugin was deactivated? If we can do this it will very likely lead us to the conflicting option very fast. Otherwise we have to think of a different way to find the issue, but deactivating plugins is the easiest first step to take.

Thanks, Philipp

• Greg

@Philipp Stracker

Thanks for continuing to look into this and for the info you sent!!!

I do have Wordfence Falcon caching though FYI. It is enable on the network dashboard under Wordfence>Performance. There is where it is set if that helps?

First, what exact path are you using for the IPN? I get success messages already on:

We have been using:
    http://wpwebsitehelp.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard (and this gives a success message everytime this was the one before one of your PC upgrades in the past). @Tyler Postle mentioned that both http://wpwebsitehelp.com/ms-payment-return/paypal-standard AND also http://wpwebsitehelp.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard (without the dash inbetween "paypal" and "standard").

So, which path are you using to test the success messages?

To confirm, both should work right?

When I test it with the non-dash version it does fail though.

How would knowing that we have Wordfence Falcon caching play into this (if at all)?

Also, are you using this tool to test the ipn (just want to be sure we are on the same page in that regard):
    https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/ipn_simulator ?

Please let me know . . .

Again, thanks so much!!!

Greg

• Philipp Stracker

Here's an interesting fact about the PayPal IPN test tool:

The IPN Simulator itself will display a message that says "IPN sent successfully" as long as the value set in the IPN handler URL field is a valid URL, even if there is no listener at the URL...

This means: The tool is obviously inteneded to test if our plugin handles the IPN correctly. It does NOT validate if our plugin returns a correct value. As of my current knowledge, the IPN test tool mainly checks if the status code of the HTTP return value is 404 or not.

As an example try to IPN test this URL: http://wpwebsitehelp.com/ms-payment-return/does-not-exist
    This is an invalid IPN handling URL, but WordPress answers with status code "200 OK".

The fact that the *correct* URL ("paypalstandard" in one word, no dash) returns 'invalid' message indicates that the request is recognized by some plugin, possibly Protected Content. But when processing that request something unexpected happens and causes WordPress to return some other status code. Possibly 301 (redirect) or even 500 (error).
    Though I cannot pinpoint at which exact step the request is breaking out of the default workflow to cause this issue.

Also, in the current log output it is visible that the IPN request at path "paypalstandard" is recognized and processing is started, but there is no further logging in the default code, so we're back at the previous statement: IPN request comes in but gets redirected/triggers an error at some point.

----

I added some logging to the PayPal Gateway code on your site to find more details on the problem and actually found it:
    The IPN Test tool sends a SANDBOX message to your Website. However, your Gateway is configured for LIVE payments, so the PayPal Gateway could not confirm the IPN message it received and failed with a 500 error "Invalid transaction". You can easily confirm this: When you set PayPal Standard to "Sandbox" mode and send an IPN test message the IPN test tool will confirm that the message was valid.

So I think we can rule out IPN processing as the reason for the subscription issues on your site...

• Philipp Stracker

Greg, we have added a super cool transaction log to the Membership 2 plugin!
    It will log any transaction that is coming from a payment gateway.
    This makes it crystal clear if any transactions from PayPal end up in an error or not.

To use the new transaction log please update Membership 2 to the latest version. Once upgraded the plugin will start to collect log data for every payment (or payment attempt). You can view the log details by visiting the page "Membership 2 > Billing > View Transaction Log"

So my advice is to let the plugin collect some data and frequently check that transaction log for errors. If there are errors then let us know and we'll check your log data to find out what went wrong and how to fix the payment gateway in M2.

• Greg

Hey Tyler, Phillip, or others,

Could you look at the log data and let me know if you see any issues? I sent the ipn history via email and email notices I am still getting from PayPal a while back.

I was just wondering if you may have some progress updates on this perhaps?

Do you still have the debugging code going mentioned before?

Is there anything I need to ask my host to do, settings to adjust, or server items to add etc to fix this?

Thanks a lot . .

Greg

• Tyler Postle

Hey Greg,

Just wanting to update this ticket for Philipp and mention that we're working this out through email currently. Otherwise it would sit as an active ticket and other staff may pick it up thinking it's not already being worked on

I checked the transaction log for you and there was some errors there as I mentioned in the last email I sent. Look forward to your email reply! Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Greg,

we're about to release a new, quite big update of the M2 Pro plugin.
    In the next release there are some very helpful improvements in the Transaction Logs and also a lot of other bugfixes.
    In the details you sent via mail I noticed that no "invoice_id" was specified by PayPal, though I also know that PayPal sends various different messages and we do not handle all of them as some are irrelevant for M2 subscriptions.

Since release of the next version is so close I'd like to wait until the new version is installed on your site and then check the transaction logs via Support Stuff Access. Then I should be able to spot the problem quite quickly, since a lot of log data will be available already.

Though I did a lot of tests on my site it is difficult for us to debug recurring payments since IPN notifications come at most once per day (when recurring is on a daily basis) and I also noticed that the sandbox responses are a bit different than the live responses. Therefore I'm glad to get a look at your existing log data after the next update is installed, it will help us a LOT

Thanks for your patience and sorry that IPN causes so much problems for you.
    Philipp

ps. Just a quick clarification:
    The subscriptions were not imported from the old Memberships plugin but created in M2, right?

• Greg

Hey @Philipp Stracker

Cool. Sure. No problem. I will be looking for the update to apply.

After the new update, I would like to find out from you what the best method is to "fix" current members so they are getting the correct type of invoice (correct date etc). From these problems, some of the memberships are "out of sync". Just need to know the best way to get them back in sync (after we fix it)?

On your P.S. note: It is a mix of old and new membership subscriptions.

Greg

• Greg

@Tyler Postle and @Philipp Stracker

Tyler, I just responded your email you sent earlier. Could you please take a look at it along with the annotated screenshots included as well.

Phillip, I just enabled the IPN again with Paypal (after the newest M2P update) as Paypal deactivated before. So, I will let you know how it goes later (hopefully it will be working good now) . . . smile. Also, Phillip, can you please ask the dev team to allow for managing and adjusting membership a lot more easier cause when things happen it should be able to be fixed without going back and forth to both customers to cancel and re-signup again? The more people, the more of a major problem this could be. Reasons: M2P update issues, tech issues, the IPN not working and folks memberships needing to be fixed on the fly without a big disruption, headache, lost confidence from customers, etc). Better M2P membership management tools and ability would be a very welcome help?