Event Capability Settings Not Working

I enabled the "Event Capability" add-on and gave "moderators" the ability to create and edit events. Please see attached screen shot. However, they still can't!
This user's forum role is "moderator", and his WordPress role is "subscriber".

Can you look into this quickly please.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jeremy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume that you're using bbpress forum plugin, is that right? This plugin is using its own internal user-role system and although these roles are visible in WP user role list they do not affect user's capabilities other than those related strictly to the forum.

By giving ability to create and edit events to the "moderators" user-role (which is internal bbpress role) you didn't in fact gave it to anybody. These moderators are still subscribers and to let them edit and create events you would have to grant these capabilities to "subscriber" users. That's not an Event+ error but rather a result of bbpress "messing up" default WP user-roles and that's causing confusion.

I'd suggest using a plugin such as User Role Editor and then try this workaround:

- using that plugin clone WP native "subscriber" role, naming it e.g. "WP moderator"
    - then for all "moderators" checking WP user role from "subscriber" to "WP moderator"
    - and then granting "edit and create events" capability to "WP moderator" user role.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam