Event Countdown Shortcode?

I can't seem to get the event countdown shortcode to display. I've set up one event, for September 1–2, 2014. (Yes, 2014.) When I use only

[event_countdown]

the shortcode returns "Closed," and when I qualify it further with

[event_countdown format="dHMS" goto="http://example.com" class="countdown-class" type="flip" size="70" add="-120" expired="Too late!"]

(copied & edited from the Event Settings page), I get nothing at all. Has anyone else dealt with this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gourmetbooks,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention which seems like strange behavior and for an event countdown that far in the future and do you have a different reaction if you create a countdown for a week or a month in advance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Adam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Anything, anyone?

I've double-checked, and deactivated all plugins but Events + and the WPMU dashboard. Still doesn't work. I did activate Twenty Twelve, though, and saw the counter—though it was cut off left and right.

So this leaves me in a lurch: if there's a conflict between plugin and theme, who can I ask for help from? Is it just hopeless?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam,

Sorry for the inadvertent delay.

What is the URL to the page where this is happening?

And thank you for letting us know about the test with the theme which is telling of course.

So this leaves me in a lurch: if there's a conflict between plugin and theme, who can I ask for help from? Is it just hopeless?

Maybe once we see the page you are referring to that is supposed to be displaying the code we may spot what the issue is going on there, so please post the URL.

Earlier I mentioned inadvertent delay which was caused by bumping the ticket and in this particular instance a delay of at least 2 days. I am not trying to criticize and believe with an understanding how the system works we can work together more timely and efficiently. As an FYI here is a copy and paste from another post that will shed light on part of the delay that is possible to avoid:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

In any event, looking forward to receiving that URL so we can take a first hand look and see if we can find anything from the outside.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.