Event disappearing after start date

Hi! We have an event that has a start date (Jan 17, 2014) and an end date (Jan 26, 2014). It disappeared from our events list after Jan 17th. If I switch it to starting on today's date, it reappears, but as soon as tomorrow comes (and the start date is before the current date) the event disappears again. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Our site is http://www.cok.net

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Nicole

Well, that's odd. :slight_smile:

I just created a test event that goes from Jan 21st (yesterday) until the 26thth and it appears fine on both the calendar and event list on my test site:
    http://patrickcohen.net/events-demo-1/
    http://patrickcohen.net/events-demo-1/all-events/

Is your event set as sen in the screenshot below? Or have you set it up as a recurring event? If it's a recurring one, then perhaps the past events are being archived as they are no longer current.

• Nicole
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi! Thank you so much for getting back to me!

I have attached my screen shot. It isn't a reoccuring event. I am using v1.6.2 of Events+.

I currently have the start date set for today's date so that the event will appear (if I set it for the actual start date, which is before today, it will disappear).

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Nicole

I hope you had a great weekend!

Try as I might, I cannot reproduce this on my test install. All events I create that are dated prior to today's date appear just fine in both the calendar and list views.

Which addons to you activated in Events+?

• Nicole

The addons that we have activated are:
    - Immediately expire past events
    - Public Announcement Events

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I appreciate any help you can give me. This is currently broken on our live site.

• Nicole

No dice. I deactivated that add-on, changed the event status to "open", and changed the end date to tomorrow, and it still didn't show up. I also tried it with "This is a Public Announcement event" both checked and unchecked, and it didn't seem to matter.

Very aggravating :slight_frown:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Nicole

I hope you had a great weekend!

Still no word from the developer on this?

Let's try something else then. Please go to the Support Access tab in your WPMU DEV Dashboard and click the Grant Access button.

Then post again here so I'm notified. I'll log into your site to see if I can figure out what may be interfering there.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Nicole

I hope you are well today!

Whoops! You're still running WordPress 3.5.1 on that site. :slight_frown:

That version is over a year out of date, and there have been 3 major updates to WP since then.

Please first upgrade your install to the latest stable version of WordPress: 3.8.1

That will likely resolve the issue in and of itself. If not, we'll continue debugging.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Nicole

I'm still not quite sure what may be interfering with your events like this. I suspect it is due to a conflict with some other plugin active on your site. But I don't want to start deactivating stuff on a live site.

Perhaps you could schedule some maintenance time and notify your users that the site will be down for a bit to allow you to do so?

I did however notice that your server is running a rather old version of php: 5.2.6-1+lenny4, which appears to date back to 2008. It would be advisable to get your host to upgrade php.

I also noticed that single events on your site look kinda crappy with the title area all scrunched up (1st screenshot).

That can be fixed in your theme by adding this little bit of CSS (2nd screenshot):
    .wpmudevevents-header {overflow:visible;}

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.