event+ email RSVP error and Add media error

@tyler Postle

As you requested, this is a new post.

1. I need the feature work without wp account, so people can register an event with email only (not sign up and other hassles). Question: How does the plug in actually handle the guest list? Does it actually generate users but we cannnot see on the admin page? It seems they are stored in somewhere else.

What you’re experiencing here is actually how it was designed. Events+ is built on the logic that only registered users will be able to RSVP – that includes social media login and WP logged in users.

The Email RSVP add-on was developed after the fact due to many members requesting the feature :slight_smile: the way this would work with the current foundation of Events+ is if entering that email automatically created a WP user. Which is why you receive the new account wp information when you RSVP by email.

Once that email has been used, it can’t be entered again because the account already exists, so they will need to login to that account to manage their events or use a different email.

I realize that isn’t ideal for some, but it is the best way we can integrate RSVP by email at this time.

If that’s how it is designed, we have to live with that. I understand. But how do we actually solve the problem?

If somebody wants to register to an event, they enter brand new email to attend and this person receive an email notification(then you said wp account is generated behind,right?). If I need to attend another event, I need to sign in, right?

But these email don’t show up on user account list. I used an email address before as an instructor account, I deleted the user, so I assume the email is also deleted. Then I try to register an event with this email. I got the error.

It is clearly somehow the email is still stored in the system. That makes me so confused. if the plug-in has to make a wp-account, that’s okay, but they have to show up on users other wise, we don’t have no way to manage,track or reset password and such if we need to.

And how do I make a different welcome message for new account for “Instructor” and this event+ generated account?

2. (Screenshot 20.jpg) How can I remove the link “Events” and “Add Event(submenu)” from the admin bar. I use Admin Menu Editor pro and customized all the link up there but I cannot control these links (because it might be control by the plug in???)

You can add this CSS to get rid of that admin bar menu item:

#wp-admin-bar-eab-events-fpe-admin_bar {

display: none;

}

Thank you for providing css. It worked like a magic!

It looks like you don’t allow subscribers to upload files, so that could be the issue here. You can change that in your Users > User Role Editor plugin :slight_smile:

It is odd that it would allow you to upload from the backend though, is the user a “subscriber” role or which user is it?

No. it is on “Instructor” account. I never used subscriber account.

Like my screen shot, file upload is allowed. But still it gives me the error when I upload from the front end.

Original Post :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-have-2-problems-with-events-1-i-would-like-to-let#post-810594

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke, hope you’re doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

We’ll need to deal with your first issue here, as my colleague @tyler Postle said:

Would you mind creating new posts if you still have any further issues here? A new post for each issue if possible :slight_smile: this thread is getting very tough to follow since it’s so long – if you have a separate post for each of your remaining issues then it will make it a lot easier for us to track and we can provide more efficient service for you.

(emphasis mine, not meaning to be rude, just wanting to make clear why I’m focusing on this one issue here; several different issues being addressed in the same thread, as discussed in the prior thread, can make things very hard to follow)

If somebody wants to register to an event, they enter brand new email to attend and this person receive an email notification(then you said wp account is generated behind,right?).

That’s right. :slight_smile:

If I need to attend another event, I need to sign in, right?

Yep. :slight_smile:

But these email don’t show up on user account list. I used an email address before as an instructor account, I deleted the user, so I assume the email is also deleted. Then I try to register an event with this email. I got the error.

It is clearly somehow the email is still stored in the system.

Did you just delete them from the subsite inside your network, or did you remove them from the whole network via the Users page inside the Network Dashboard?

Instead of enabling Support Access, could you please send in the following:

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)

– Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password) – just in case we need to look at the database

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please advise,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke, my apologies for the delay here!

So far, I haven’t been able to reproduce the behavior you mentioned here, I tried adding a user as an instructor (via the “invite new instructor” menu inside the Dashboard for the “mktunitedusa” subsite), going through the registration process there, and then deleting the user from the network.

I was then able to use the same email address to register for an event, though I did notice that the page didn’t refresh when I tried registering for an event (I did see that the account was created however, looking at the list of users inside the Dashboard, both on the subsite, as well as on the network).

Have you checked to see if there’s a plugin (or perhaps the active theme) that’s keeping the page from reloading as it should?

Please advise,

Michael

• Yosuke
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@michael Bissett

I replied to your email. Have you had a chance to go over?

As far as registering a new instructor, deleting it and adding to an event, I was able to do that too. But I noticed that, when I tried to add to myself the event, it take so LONG to refresh the page, so I think that nothing is happening, but it actually happens after a minute or something. I guess that’s because it creates a new user when you register with your new email address. The page eventually does refresh but, most people would not wait and hit the button twice(i did too) then, the website gives me an error ( I assume the system just made a new user with my email address so it won’t accept as a new account anymore. I assume that is the reason of the error. Is there any solution for that? I tried to deactivate most of the plug ins and changed the theme to a default theme, but none of that helped.

When I delete a user from the network and the subsite the user should be completely gone, right? But the site always gives me a message to wait few days before it get clear or something. Is this normal?? Is they any way to delete the user immediately?

I actually have an another issue.

When you register as an instructor, you can enter your paypal account information on profile update page(front end) which I made with Gravity form, but the paypal information won’t reflect actually user information. I chose that right custom post field, but I assume that the form is not talking correctly because all instructor has own sub site(I received a suggestion from one of your member to set up this way if I want to make individual instructor can save their own paypal account) and somehow the site structure is not working properly…. I don’t know what’s wrong or where to look. Would you please find out?

(When I new instructor register to the site, the website should generate a new sub site with instructor account. I installed your WPMU blog template plug in and assign the master sign to copy everytime a new instructor registers. But I am not sure if it is working properly…

I am still learning multi site set up..

This was in my email. I would like to add some details

Let me make is clear what I want to achieve. Every instructor can make his/her own event and if the event is paid event, I want to the participants pay thru the link which event+ generate. The key is that payment goes to each instructor.

When I originally consult with your team, they told me to set up as a network. So I did. And since I didn’t want to instructors to go to wp dashboard to update the profile. I made profile update form via Gravity Form. On Gravity form setup, I chose “incsub_event-paypal_email” custom field to fill paypal email address. However, when I enter an email address, it doesn’t fill payment field on event+ setting page.

I assume there is something wrong with user account and subsite. When I log in as an instructor which belongs to a subsite, it still logs in the main site.

However when I change a name of the instructor, it will update correctly. I am wondering that whatever the change I made, it only affecting to the main site, and network user account, but it doesn’t update the paypal email setting on the subsite.

Could you please investigate this? And let me know how I can change to make it work.

I already granted the support access on this site.

http://events.sagelymphcaremethod.com/

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke,

I wasn’t aware of your response until now, as you had replied to the email notification that was sent to you regarding my forum reply here, instead of replying here on the forums. Please make sure to reply on the forums here, as I’d hate to miss a response. :slight_smile:

Now, as for your responses here:

#1: Long time for page to refresh when submitting email for RSVP

You said that you disabled most of the plugins, could you try disabling all of them (except for Events+, of course)? Even if it’s a plugin that’s absolutely necessary to your operations, better to know whether or not it’s causing an issue, then to not know (and if it is, we could look into the cause of the conflict). :slight_smile:

#2: Notice about it taking a few days for user to be removed

It was completely gone in my testing, but I believe that the message you say is a standard message. That shouldn’t be a problem though.

#3: Gravity Forms issue with profile update page

This one would be better suited for a separate thread, as lumping several issues into the same thread is going to make it harder to support you here.

Just to provide a note here:

Let me make is clear what I want to achieve. Every instructor can make his/her own event and if the event is paid event, I want to the participants pay thru the link which event+ generate. The key is that payment goes to each instructor.

When I originally consult with your team, they told me to set up as a network.

Right, as each instructor will need to have his/her own subsite, as Events+ is designed to send payments to a single PayPal address (in the case of Multisite, 1 PayPal email address per subsite).

Let’s steer the discussion on this thread back to the RSVP issue you’re having right now (mentioned in point #1), as it’d be best if we could focus on that solely in this thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your understanding, hope you’re having a great weekend!

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke, my apologies for the delay here!

You can actually do a soft-deactivation via FTP, we mention how that can be done on our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

The tip in question is below our basic troubleshooting flowchart at the bottom of the page. :slight_smile:

Let me know what you find please!

Kind Regards,

Michael

P.S. I’ve left myself a special notification, so I don’t miss your reply here.

• Yosuke

@michael Bissett

Thank you for getting back to me.

I deactivated all plugins except event+ and went to this page directly and try to register. The process is faster. But still slow. I don't know what's wrong. I attached screen shot of debug mode.

This is the direct link to the event page

http://events.sagelymphcaremethod.com/training/2015/04/training-event-326/

These screenshot are taken before I de-activated all plug ins(i de-activated on network and main site) and changed the site to a default theme.

And I try to register the class with a new email address. It still took 10 seconds or so. It is so much better than before.

I see this error.

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home4/yourcute/public_html/events/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/events-and-bookings.php on line 695

Then, I activated a plug in one by one…here is what I did

I activate a plugin

I delete a user.

I register to an event and measure the response time how fast the process goes.

I found the significant difference when I activate [New Blog Template]

The I'M ATTENDING button is not responding. When I click, no process begins(like an empty button). But it still creates a new user in the backend.

Could you investigate my site from now? I don't know what to do.

Thank you!

Yosuke

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke,

Okay, I’ve been able to do some investigating on my test Multisite, and so far, I’ve been able to get it to work smoothly (even with New Blog Templates enabled) when I have “Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?” checked inside of:

Events -> Settings -> Plugin Settings

And I’ve hidden the Facebook, Twitter & Google+ login buttons inside of the “API Settings” section.

Have you tried setting things up like that? (I wasn’t able to check it out on your site, as it appears that you’ve changed your WordPress network admin password in the meantime)

Those notices that you mentioned in your screenshots shouldn’t be affecting anything here, could you try deactivating debug mode in the meantime, and trying out the suggestion that I made?

If that doesn’t work, then please let me know, and we’ll take it from there. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Yosuke

@michael,

My site has been set exactly like tried.

"Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?" checked

and

Hide twitter, facebook, google, and wp login.( see attached screenshots please)

I resent my username and password via wpmu website contact form attentions to you.

Let me know if anything I can do on our end.

Thank you Michael

Yosuke

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Yosuke,

After disabling your plugins via FTP, and then re-enabling them again, I’m seeing that the page reloads once I submit my email address to be registered.

However, even with all of the other plugins disabled for your site, and only the Events+ plugin enabled, I’m still seeing that the time to first byte (TTFB) is still around 5-6 seconds, and this is with the Twenty Fourteen theme active. :disappointed:

As a point of comparison, my test site on my Multisite (with only Events+ enabled [network enabled], and the Twenty Fourteen theme active) has a TTFB of 0.6 seconds (my host is Surpass Hosting, in case you’re wondering).

While disabling the other add-ons inside of Events+ may help (I’d want to try doing that with all of the other plugins disabled, you can follow the tip at the bottom of our Getting Support page for more on how to do that), it’s starting to look like a hosting related issue, rather than a plugin issue, since it’s taking about 5-6 seconds for admin-ajax.php to even respond.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.