Event+ full width within Gallery theme and other (payment) questions

I have installed the Event+ plugin on the site I am building at http://www.ikensocialmedia.nl. The purpose of which is to allow people to RSVP and possibly pay for visiting one of my training sessions. I have a couple of questions:

- I would love to have the event page shown full width, but when I use "Plugin: full width" it does not do full width, but leaves a sidebar in place.
- I have added a manual payment option as I want to be able to have people pay at the door or through their Dutch banks. In the full width template the buttons are not aligned right and the manual payment option does not do anything.
- Since adding the manual payment option, the backend is yelling about "You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless." However, I have not found anywhere where I need to put in that information.
- I would love to list the prices for the training excluding sales tax and then add it when the payment is made. All Dutch business2business transactions are listed without sales tax though you do pay it at the final transaction. Can this be done?

When we get this sorted, I want to translate the language file into Dutch and contribute that to the plugin.

• Kimberly

arnehulstein

Hi there! and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

Let me see if I can address your concerns in-line

- I would love to have the event page shown full width, but when I use "Plugin: full width" it does not do full width, but leaves a sidebar in place.

I would suggest you try Theme:Full Width as it's the page template in the theme that usually decides if the sidebar is shown or not, not the plugin

- I have added a manual payment option as I want to be able to have people pay at the door or through their Dutch banks. In the full width template the buttons are not aligned right and the manual payment option does not do anything.

You will need to activate the Manual Payment options under the Addons section of the Settings and then insert the MANUALPAYMENTSBUTTON text in the Instructions field of the New dialog box that is provided once Manual Payments is Activated. Note the error at the top of your screen that appears if you do not: You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless.
    I'll attach a picture of the setup.

- I would love to list the prices for the training excluding sales tax and then add it when the payment is made. All Dutch business2business transactions are listed without sales tax though you do pay it at the final transaction. Can this be done?

Currently not out of the box. But you can hire a developer to help you add it if you like :slight_smile:
    You can also post a request in Feature Requests and Feedback forums to see if others are looking for this capability, if you get good feedback that would be the best way to get the developers attention to include a feature. I will personally flag him myself on your post if you provide me a link here!

When we get this sorted, I want to translate the language file into Dutch and contribute that to the plugin.

I'm sure you've already got this, but just incase :slight_smile:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Best,

Kimberly

• arnehulstein

Thanks for your extensive answer KimberlyL.

I would suggest you try Theme:Full Width as it's the page template in the theme that usually decides if the sidebar is shown or not, not the plugin

Trouble is that the plugin: fullwidth apparently connects to the theme's single.php. I am only able to use the fullwidth template that is available for pages if I change the setting to theme:fullwidth. But that leaves out the styling that the plugin does.

You will need to activate the Manual Payment options under the Addons section of the Settings and then insert the MANUALPAYMENTSBUTTON text in the Instructions field of the New dialog box that is provided once Manual Payments is Activated. Note the error at the top of your screen that appears if you do not: You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless.
    I'll attach a picture of the setup.

Ahhh, there. Now I understand. Done and the button is there. But...

I would like it to actually do something... Check an event and see it does nothing. Or is that what it is meant to -not- do? This in combination with the Gallery theme from WPMUDEV. (I seem to have the idea that stuff that is sold in one place should all work together. :wink:)

Currently not out of the box. But you can hire a developer to help you add it if you like :slight_smile:
    You can also post a request in Feature Requests and Feedback forums to see if others are looking for this capability, if you get good feedback that would be the best way to get the developers attention to include a feature. I will personally flag him myself on your post if you provide me a link here!

Thanks will do. But there is more. I would like my registrants to fill out a little form with their name/address etc. for financial reasons. I don't think event+ can do that either. Unfortunately. But I will put in some requests and let you know.

I'm sure you've already got this, but just incase :slight_smile:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

LOL, yep, have that. And have Poedit. Have translated plugins before and contributed. :slight_smile:

• Kimberly

Okay I'm attaching lots o'pictures!

Here is my progression after using the Manual Payment Gateway and including instructions. I think the second button is more of a confirmation. In fact, you don't have to include it.

I'm also attaching a second set of pics with the theme:fullwidth settings (looks much like yours) where no sidebar shows and looks great. What are you loosing with these settings?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.