Event+ Questions: Feature image issues and Buddypress Events

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding Event+

1. Adding a featured image
When I upload an image as the featured image for an event and click update, the spinner keeps turning and doesn't stop (dashboard and front end).
When doing this from the dashboard I get:

Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you’re reconnected. We’re backing up this post in your browser, just in case.

After a long wait I get:
405 Not Allowed

This freezes WordPress and I have to connect to my control panel and kill processes to get it stuck. How can this be solved?

2. When the featured image is saved...
Sometimes after killing processes, the image gets saved.
But I a come later to the event and edit anything, the featured image disappears.
How can this be solved?

3. Allowing members (subscriber role) to add featured images.
Is there a way for non-admins to upload a featured image for their event? Currently this option doesn't seem to be available.

4. Buddypress "Events"
Currently Buddypress' profile show only the title and time.
I would like to add featured image, excerpt and a "read more" link.
What file would I need to edit to make this happen?

Thanks,

Diego M.
---------------
WordPress 4.3.1
BuddyPress 2.3.3
Events + 1.8.2
PHP version 5.4.45
MySQL Version 5.5.42

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Diego, Michael here!

#1 & #2: I'm not able to reproduce this behavior over on my test site presently, may I ask if a conflict test has been done yet? (didn't see that mentioned, and want to confirm that)

If not, I'd advise doing one, we've got our handy troubleshooting flowchart available at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

What kind of hosting do you have, by the way? And who is it hosted with?

#3: By default (WordPress default, not Events+), those with a Subscriber role don't have the ability to upload files, but we can change that with this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

Once that's installed, you'd want to go to:

Users -> User Role Editor

And grant the "Subscriber" role the "upload_files" capability there. :slight_smile:

#4: I'm not seeing this come up on the BuddyPress profile page, are you referring instead to the list of events shown on the site on the /events/ page?

Could you post a screenshot of what you're referring to please?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Diego

I tried doing what you suggested:
    -I activated twentyfifteen
    -I deactivated all plugins except buddypress and conditional profile fields for buddypress
    -I tried to create an event and click publish and edited an existing event and click update.
    -I deleted all custom code in bp-custom.php

The problem of freezing is gone and the featured image doesn't get deleted.
    But for both cases the spinner doesn't stop and even though the new event or changes are being saved, I am never leave this page. Shouldn't I be redirected to My Events on the Buddypress profile page? See attached.

What is the problem.

• Diego

OK. After the many things I tried I found the problem.
    It is an ajax issue with WordPress 4.2.3.x. and above.
    When anything but WordPress posts are posted (Buddypress comments, activity, upload images, Events+, etc), I get a 405 not allowed error message.

With WordPress 4.2 this issues are gone.

But I am still having issues:

1. When an event is created or edited, the visitor should be taken to the previous page. Instead, it just stays in place. How can this be solved.

1. Events+ settings are not getting saved. I already checked the CHMOD permission for files and folders and this is not the problem.

2. I can't set up responsive maps, zoom level, change events appereance template, etc. But I guess this has to do with #1, right?

3. I can't get rid of the gallery below the an event map.

Questions:
    1. Can maps be added to event from the front end?
    2. Can featured images be added from frontend by susbcribers?
    3. I need to modify the layout of the results for Buddypress profile / Events (see attached).
    I need to add featured image, excerpt and add a "view event" link. What is the file I have to modify to do this?

Please help. I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Diego

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Diego, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

There's quite a few issues/questions being brought up in this thread, we do ask that separate tickets be opened for separate issues, as mentioned in our Getting Support guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Otherwise, it hampers the efficiency of support.

Regarding this though:

But for both cases the spinner doesn't stop and even though the new event or changes are being saved, I am never leave this page. Shouldn't I be redirected to My Events on the Buddypress profile page? See attached.

The user remaining on the page is intentional, but the spinner continually running isn't, I'm seeing that it's presently only affecting group events. I'll mention that one to the developer, as we've definitely got a bug there.

As for redirecting after an event's been posted, you can try inserting this as a mu-plugin in your site:

<?php
    // Add items to the header!
    function wpmudev_redirect_after_event_posted() {

$current_user = wp_get_current_user();

echo "<script>
    jQuery( document ).ajaxComplete(function( event, xhr, settings ) {
      if ( xhr.status === 200 ) {
        window.location.href = 'http://mysite.com/members/" . $current_user->user_login . "/my-events/';
      }
    });
    </script>";
    }
    add_filter('wp_head', 'wpmudev_redirect_after_event_posted');

(just be sure to change mysite.com in the above code to the domain for your site)

To do this, go to your /wp-content/ folder via FTP, and find the folder called "mu-plugins". If there is no folder with that name, then you'll want to create one. Then, create a file inside that folder, and give the file any name you like and paste the code in there.

You don't need to activate that plugin, as it will be always be automatically activated. Please be sure to add a PHP start tag at the beginning of the code if you insert this code as a mu-plugin, like what I've got in the code above. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.