Event Reg Page & RSVP Options changes

Hi Folks:

I have some urgent client changes to the Events plugins: I’ve tried to read through everything on the plugin so far, but may have missed it if these were already mentioned.

the site is here: http://few.modernmediajapan.com/

1. I need to change the order of the Single Page Event RSVP options, to:

Login with FEW

Login with Facebook

and no Twitter at all.

Also, how do I change the font and background colors of each option?

2. In an earlier version of the plugin, there was explanatory copy once a person clicked one of the RSVP options, but it seems to have gone away: how do I reinstate it and also where do I edit the copy (i.e., ‘We’re sorry you won’t be able to make it’ as the response to someone clicking ‘No’:wink:.

3. Right now, events show up in green and are all in one category on the Events page. I need to change that green to red with white text. And, I need to add a different category with a different color, so members who look at the Events page can see at a glance which are official events and which are non-official events. How do I do that?

4. Separate Events Registration page: I need to create a different Registration page from the one that the ‘Login with FEW’ option goes to now, because that is the FEWMembership page, and it will have lots of additional fields that aren’t relevant. So, in other words, if someone chooses ‘Login with FEW’, they go to the Registration page. If they’re already a member, that’s great: they’ll login and finish the process. But, if they’re not already a Member, clicking the Register page takes them to regular Membership registration. How should I create a separate page that will allow the person to register on the site with just a name and email address, and change the links so the Registration page has something like this:

Register for an Event I Lost your password?

Register to Become a Member I Lost your password? (this would be the normal BuddyPress Registration page)

Looking forward to getting these solved and launching the site very shortly.

Thanks,

best,

Terri

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Terri.

1. I need to change the order of the Single Page Event RSVP options, to:

Login with FEW

Login with Facebook

and no Twitter at all.

Also, how do I change the font and background colors of each option?

Whats FEW?

For fonts:

.wpmudevevents-login_link {
    }

To target Facebook class:

.wpmudevevents-login_link-facebook {
    }

For WordPress button:

.wpmudevevents-login_link-wordpress{
    }

An easy way to get rid of the twitter button would be to hide it with CSS:

.wpmudevevents-login_link-twitter {
    display: none;
    }

You could add that to your theme and this would save editing the code further to remove the Twitter Login link.

2. In the file:

/events-and-booking/events-and-booking.php

Around line 318:

wp_redirect('?eab_success_msg='.urlencode("That's too bad you won't be able to make it"));

And 378:

$message = '<p class="message">'.__("That's too bad you won't be able to make it, if you login or register we will be able to record your response", self::TEXT_DOMAIN).'</p>';

Might be better though to look at doing your own translations with language files. Take a look at this information on translating WP and using PoEdit:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#Translating_With_Poedit

Our Po files is located here:

/events-and-booking/languages/

3. I’m not sure which green bit you refer to? Is this theme related. I’ve included a screenshot of mine in Twenty Eleven.

Categories are not yet supported in Events + and won’t be until a future version (might not be the next one).

If this is an absolute requirement for you now then unfortunately the only way to achieve that would be a custom development. It will come in the future though :slight_smile:

4. You could always look at something like Gravity Forms:

http://www.gravityforms.com/

Or formidablePro:

http://formidablepro.com/

To create the forms for you.

You would then need to edit the relevant area and direct it to this form. You may also need some custom development on the form plugin to ensure it registers the user as an RSVP as well.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

Hi Folks:

Okay, ill designer and not enough time, but I do have some basic questions. the production site is here:

http://few.modernmediajapan.com/

I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at what I believe are issues:

1. when I click any of the event options (No, Maybe, or I'm Attending), I get no copy at all, and I used to – some additional copy – i.e., 'Sorry you can't make it…etc' used to appear over on the left. What I'd like to know is:

a. how do I get that copy to appear again

b. where do I position the copy to have it appear just below the Login buttons, in other words,please see the screenshot of what I hope to do.

Okay, that's the cosmetic stuff: once you take a look please let me know. I will create a different thread to talk about the separate Registration Page issue once I've researched the options you posted.

Thank you again!

best,

Terri

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya Terri, how are you today?

Looking at your site, the Twitter and Facebook links don’t work. I suspect that is due to incorrect API details.

I’m seeing it like in my screenshot.

Is this not how it should look? I guess not looking at your screenshot?

Or was your screenshot a mockup of how you want it?

Take care.

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy:

Sorry, can’t see your screenshot. three issues:

1. Re: APIs – yes, I think they’re wrong, although I followed the instructions on each site to set them up. it’s very confusing, to be honest. I’m not sure where to go from here on that — any suggestions?

2. the design/function issue: the people who use the site will not be tech savvy and need instructions, so I’d like to bring back the tips you had in the old version of the plugin. For example, if you click: Yes, you not only see the FEW and Facebook logins, but you also see the explanatory copy above them so people understand what’s happening.

3. yes, I would like to change the way the buttons look so that they are a little more subtle and fit better with the site.

Your support appreciated!

thanks,

best,

Terri

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

ah, I see the screenshot now: yes, I want to change the design of the buttons so they fit the site better. see my screenshot for the mockup.

oh, btw, just saw your question: FEW is a non-profit women’s organization for women in business in Japan.

thanks for your help!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again Terri.

Are you keeping Twitter now?

1. Re: APIs – yes, I think they’re wrong, although I followed the instructions on each site to set them up. it’s very confusing, to be honest. I’m not sure where to go from here on that — any suggestions?

You can get those details from Facebook:

https://developers.facebook.com/apps

Who setup your FB apps for you?

Was it this designer?

2. the design/function issue: the people who use the site will not be tech savvy and need instructions, so I’d like to bring back the tips you had in the old version of the plugin. For example, if you click: Yes, you not only see the FEW and Facebook logins, but you also see the explanatory copy above them so people understand what’s happening.

I see what you mean there, I’ll ask Ve about that, not sure if there was a reason it got taken out.

3. yes, I would like to change the way the buttons look so that they are a little more subtle and fit better with the site.

For the CSS on those buttons, something like this:

a.wpmudevevents-login_link {
    color: white;
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    border-color: #ccc;
    -webkit-border-radius: 50px;
    -moz-border-radius: 50px;
    border-radius: 50px;
    color: #000;
    }

I’ve not tested but that should get you started.

Take care.

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy:

No, I set them up myself – the designer doesn’t have any more experience doing it than I do, so it made more sense for me to do it.

I am looking at the Facebook Apps page now and I seem to have all the basics: the key, site url, Canvas page, etc…

should I just go ahead and try setting up a new app? or is there a way to just direct people to the client’s Facebook closed group. yes, they’ll need to log in, but…this is just getting so complicated.

what to do..?

thanks,

Terri

• tokyoterri
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy:

Thanks for your help: I am going to delete the current Facebook app and create a new one, as the API simply isn’t working – I had already done what you noted above, that’s the API that’s there now.

will let you know if it works or doesn’t.

thanks,

Terri

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.