Event with Multiple Occurances

Let me first explain how our "events" work. We do training classes on a recurring, but irregular schedule, so there are ~10 classes each may have 4-5 instances a year.

For example "Training A" will occur on the following dates 5/21, 7/20, 9/14 and "Training B" will happen on 6/2, 7/21.

What I would like to do is make the "event" once, and just create instances for each date. IE, create "Training A", set the price, description, seat limit etc. Then tell Events+ that this will happen on 5/21, 7/20 and 9/14 so that somebody can buy a ticket for any of the dates (as long as they're in the future).

Is this possible somehow and I've just missed a config option, or is it in the works at all? I'd rather not have to create a whole new event just for each date, its a lot of overhead for the individual managing the site and error prone.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @indemnity83

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid this is not possible out of the box. Recurring events is considered as this will be hosted after similar interval. So with our plugin, you need to mention if it is a weekly or monthly event.

Let me tag a SLS developer for this if there is any easy workaround, though I don't think that would be possible without huge customization.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey there @indemnity83,

Hope you are doing great and thanks for this suggestion.

As @Ashok mentioned above, this would require a good amount of custom code.

Currently, the recurring instances are calculated using the original event date and then iterating over it based on the repeat interval.

For the suggested feature, we need not only to add the necessary logic but also to store each separate date associated to the event.

I'll move this to a feature request to be evaluated by the team.

Thanks a lot!

JJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.