Events and Bookings: Full width, permalinks, max attendance

(1) On the Events>Settings>Appearance Settings I changed the Archive template to calendar and the Single event template to full width. I'm using the Network theme.

As you can see, the single events are not full width. How can I make this work correctly?

(2) Also, is there a way to use a different permalink structure for events?

(3) Still REALLY need the functionality to cap attendance at an event. Is this forthcoming?

• Kimberly

Hiya!

Is this a separate site than the one you posted about previously? it seems to be and it looks as if you're other issue is sorted. If so, please go and mark the thread resolved. If not you need to move your first issue here.

(1) On the Events>Settings>Appearance Settings I changed the Archive template to calendar and the Single event template to full width. I'm using the Network theme.

As you can see, the single events are not full width. How can I make this work correctly?

You should move this to your other thread, so it can be addressed with the other theme issue.

(2) Also, is there a way to use a different permalink structure for events?

Maybe this can help:http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-permalinks/

(3) Still REALLY need the functionality to cap attendance at an event. Is this forthcoming?

I am assuming by the tone of your question that you have already requested this? Were you told that it was in the pipeline?

Best,

Kimberly

• ProSapien

(1) There are problems getting rid of sidebars on BOTH Events & Bookings AND MarketPress. This is about Events. Also, my last request referred to the Thesis theme. Now I'm using YOUR theme, Network. I'm assuming that using a WPMU them AND a WPMU plugin will result in better resolutions.

I think I learned a lesson about putting more than one question in a support question. They get marked resolved when some issues aren't addressed. In the future I will try to include only ONE issue per post.

Is this a theme issue or a plugin issue?

(2) So the only way to change permalinks paths is to use a plugin? OK, not worth it. I'm having problems with too many plugins as it is.

(3) Yes, it was addressed within about a day of the release. Having a maximum attendance at an event is basic functionality.

I didn't intend to have "tone." Just haven't heard anything and without it, I have to constantly monitor event activity to (hopefully) catch the event and close it manually before someone pays who can't come.

So, any word on this functionality?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Prosapien

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team

Thank you for your forum post. We are constantly striving to improve our plugins and we do this by listening to our Users and using their feedback and suggestions constructively. Yours are therefore highly appreciated!

To answers your questions:

1) Regarding the Full Width Page. I tested it myself on my own website and found that if you change the settings as follows the Event content will actually be over the full page width:

Go to Event » Settings » Appearance Settings » Tick Override Default Appearance; and choose 'Default' for the Single Event Template.

2) As Kimberley pointed out, you can look at the WordPress.org page on using Permalinks.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

3) If you previously requested for a feature that is not currently incorporated in this version I'm sure the Developer has added it to his list of things to consider in the next version. As I mentioned above we are constantly striving to improve the plugins, so your feedback is really appreciated.

Please let me know how whether this information was helpful. And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

• ProSapien

Thanks for your response, Gina. It worked!

Now maybe someone can tell me why "Full Width" didn't make it full width, but "default" did? Augh!

BTW, making it full width kind of breaks the layout. See how the "You will learn" and "the 10 requirements for a money" are next to the title and above the picture, instead of to the left? AND the background gets lost -- no borders all gray.

Sheesh, if it's not one thing it's another... I already marked this resolved, so if I don't hear back about this formatting problem by morning, I'll put it in a new thread.