Events+ and Directorypress = bad news

More a warning than anything that Events+ newest version really, really hates Directorypress. I updated this morning and it’s been funky ever since. The only thing that cures it is deactivating the events plugin.

Weird things like if I have it activated and then click on a category then it pulls a listing from that category onto the page, rather than the list of listings. Very odd.

If anyone has any suggestions then I’m all ears but ultimately I think I’m in the market for a new events plugin :disappointed:

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Lookie Lookie! I’ve missed your sweet face! :wink:

Don’t give up on us :slight_frown:

I will flag teh dev down to see if he can help out! He is stellar and can help out if you give some more feedback on what you are experiencing. Errors? Log? Anything in particular? Javascript?

What theme are you using, was it working OK before Directorypress? Did the Events+ update make it go crazy?

Tell me! :slight_smile:

Kimberly

• Andrew Shanahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Kizzatron! Great as ever to hear from you – although *PERMAWHINGE* I didn’t get a notification that you had replied, ho hum.

The situation was that it was working fine before I updated to the latest version of Events+

I’m using Directorypress (yes, I know) 7.099 and the latest version of Events+, is it possible just to roll back to the previous version of Events+? It was working fine for me.

What happens when I activate the new version is that it switches the homepage sidebars to a different one, it also changes the category pages (e.g. http://www.iamstaggered.com/directory/category/jewellery/ to an actual listing within that category – e.g. http://www.iamstaggered.com/directory/the-steven-stone-jewellers/) Basically it humps it real good.

If you tell me where I might find a log then I’m happy to upload it. Alternatively I can send it live and you can see the holy heck in operation.

• Andrew Shanahan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Limber-Kimber, rolled back to 1.3 and it’s all gravy. If Ve is around and fancies a guess at what’s doing the damage in 1.4 then I’m all ears, as it is I might just skip 1.4 and wait until 1.5 which I’ll try out and roll back to 1.3.

Hope you’re well (I was on holiday, hence the satellite delay).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings iamstaggered,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, at least until the next release and if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.