Events+ and MarketPress Not Working Together

I am getting the following error after I try to register for an event.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/35/11098935/html/wp-content/themes/genesis/lib/structure/header.php:63) in /marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php on line 2104

I have tried to turn off all my plugins and the problem is still persisting. I have also tried to change to the twenty 15 theme and am getting the same error.

I have also looked at line 2014 of marketpress and it seems to have something to do with the cookies files...

I deleted all my cookies and cleared my cache and the problem is still there.

Support access is ACTIVE until November 6, 2015 9:19 am

The error is being displayed on this page: https://aaie.net/events/roundtables/grape-roundtable/

You will need to register as a free/student member is you want to try to sign up for the event and test the error. You can do that here: http://aaie.net/register/

Thanks,
William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi william,

Hope you're well?

Sometimes WP_DEBUG being enabled and displaying errors can also actually cause these exact issues with headers already sent.

Can you doublecheck that you have set WP_DEBUG to false in your wp-config.php

If you really need WP_DEBUG to be on, then it's always best to turn display off and have it log errors to a file instead.

In that case, please make sure your wp-config.php has the following lines.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Now rather than errors being outputted to the screen, they will instead be written to a log file.

You can find the logfile at;

/wp-content/debug.log

Let us know if this solves the issue for you.

Thanks

• William
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Vaughan,

I have update the wp_config file and it removed the error from the page.

Before the update there was a drop down menu with the different payment options for the event. Now all I see is a link that says "Click here to purchase your ticket". When i click this link it just refreshes the page. I would like to keep the drop-down menu with different ticket prices (that where set up in marketpress) and be able to add them to my cart.

Thanks,
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi william,

I've just been informed by a colleague that there's a bug with adding events as products which does affect the cart. This has been reported to the developer and hopefully we can get this fixed quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• William
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Vaughan,

I'm getting super tired of just about every problem I come across being marked as a bug!!!! What is the point of Jack Kitterhing's job of "Quality Assurance Manager"! I'm paying $600 bucks a year to not have to deal with crappy developed plugins full of bugs!!!

You guys really got to help me about here! I'm going to get my ass fired because I have had so many damn issues with your plugins in the last 2 months! This is totally unacceptable!

Can you please get this fixed by the end of the day or I'm going to have to restore my backup from this morning (please advise). I can not sit on this for another 30+ days like the last major bug/issues.

Very unsatisfied customer,
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Jack no longer works here, he left at the end of september unfortunately.

I have reported this bug, and the developer will fix it, but I can't guarantee it will be fixed by the end of today, bugs take time to find & then fix & test, so I can't guarantee how long this will take. I can only report them as they are found.

This particular bug seems to be caused when you have multiple variations in the event product which you actually have for different membership types.

If you create it as a normal product without any variations, then it should actually work ok.

sorry, I can't give you any further details, i'm not the developer.

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

Do you have any other workarounds? Can I use the add on "Membership 2 Integration" to accomplish the same thing? I am using Authorize.net as my payment gateway... Dose that force me to use MarketPress?

Please help me out here!!!

Thanks,
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Yes, authorize.net would mean you need marketpress as auth.net is only available with mp & not events+

Unfortunately, when using mp3.0 it will override the membership 2 addon discounts. i'm unsure as yet whether that's a bug, or a limitation in the m2 integration itself. I have reported it as a bug for now.

Can you doublecheck that everything works ok if you remove the actual variations from the event product itself in mp3.0, so you only have 1 price?

If that works ok, then even with the m2 limitation, i might have a workaround that we could possibly utilize using a combination of events, m2 pro & mp3.0.

Thanks

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

Can you doublecheck that everything works ok if you remove the actual variations from the event product itself in mp3.0, so you only have 1 price?

It did not work. I have attached screen shots.

At this point I am going to have to restore my database and plugin files.

William

FYI I am super pissed at the quality of the plugins you guys have released ever since membership 2. The backwards compatibility with everything has been garbage. There have been more bugs then I can count (it seems every time I start a new project with your plugin set I find at least one, usually more, bug/s.

PS. It seems like you are one of the few support staff that is with it and follows up until the problem is finished (I'm very grateful for that). I have so many open threads with other support people its kind of a joke. :slight_frown:

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

After restoring my DB and plugin files I am getting the same Membership Registration error I was getting in this thread before you guys where able to fix it.

It was working yesterday morning when I ran my backups. I updated all the plugins and found another bug so I had to restore my backup last night and after the restore Membership 2 is no longer working...

Class not loaded: ReallySimpleCaptcha
    Class not loaded: WPSEO_Breadcrumbs
    Sorry, your signup request has failed. Try again.

Hopefully this is something quick we can fix...

Thanks,
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi william,

The only captcha plugin I have tested that I could get to work with membership 2 registration is the following;

https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-captcha/

I haven't had any issues with the above :slight_smile:

with regards to Events+ & MP3.

I'm attaching a beta version of events+ plugin here for you to try.

I have done some initial testing with this version, by creating an event product with multiple variations, and then assigning the event to that product.

The cart worked fine, and I received no errors. So hopefully Ignacio has nailed this issue.

If you wish to test, please install via FTP.

1. navigate to /wp-content/plugins

2. delete the existing events-and-bookings folder.

3. unzip the attached zip to your desktop.

4. upload the included events-and-bookings folder to /wp-content/plugins

5. Now you should visit your plugins page in wp-admin, make sure the events plugin is activated (it should say 1.8.3-beta1)

Now try and see if it's working for your site now, fingers crossed it will work.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Is it the membership signup that isn't working? or actually paying for the event using marketpress that isn't working?

Just a little confused in that regard? If it's a payment for the event product, then I think this is a marketpress issue & not membership 2.

Thanks

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

Sorry to confuse things. Let me break it down for you.

Last night after we could not get marketpress working with events+ I restored my DB and Plugin Files.
    This morning when I tested membership registration I am getting the error mentioned above. This is the same error that I was getting last month in the said thread. It has noting to do with marketpress or events.

Im not sure why Membership 2 started getting this error after I restored my backup because it was working before I made the backup yesterday.

Once we get the paid membership registration issue fixed "again" I will test your new plugin.

Hopefully that cleared it up.

William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi william,

That's ok, for now we'll put this on hold, but best to keep to the other thread as that's for m2 plugin. We can get back on this once the m2 is dealt with in the other thread. staff are aware of it and will respond shortly in the other thread. :slight_smile:

Cheers

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

We got the M2 issues resolved. I would like to tackle the the upgrades for marketpress and events+ plugins but do not want to get left another 2+ days with my site not working (paid membership registration and event registration).

What time are you working till today? If I go threw with this I need to be up and running today or I'm in deep Sh*t...

Also I am trying to set up another event Annual Conference. I set the product up in Marketpress but am not able to see that product in events+ event creation screen.

Please advise on how you would like me to proceed.

Thanks
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Ok, i'm gonna jump on it as soon as I hit submit on this.

Just to confirm the process?

We are updating marketpress to 3.0.0.6?

We will then be using the events+ beta version I provided above?

I ask because I have not tested this at all with the older 2.9 release of MP.

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi william,

It's all updated. However, the error message has now gone, which is good.

But we still have a flow issue with how the integration works when using multiple variations.

The problem is, when you're viewing on the events page. you get the i'm attending, maybe & no buttons etc. (in your case, you seem to have a register button rather than the i'm attending buttons etc)

So you click i'm attending (register). Then you click to pay, it then adds the event to the cart, that part works perfectly fine.

However, because the store product has variations, you haven't actually been able to select the variation option when you clicked to pay for the event, it simply adds the event to the cart with the default option (no variation)

on the cart page it lists the event product, however no variation is set, so you then physically need to click the item in the cart to add a variation option before you click 'checkout' button.

Users will not know to do this and will simply hit checkout.

The membership 2 add-on in events+ that you can use to give different prices for different memberships does not work with marketpress payments either.

Is this the actual flow issue I was confused about before?

• William
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Vaughan,

Is this the actual flow issue I was confused about before?

I'm a tad confused at the question.

Before this update there was a drop down menu on the event page.

I dont see any option to select the product variation after the update. On the event or cart page...

William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

hmmm. yeah. ash just showed me some other screenshots from before updating on how it used to work.

there is definitely a bug with this, i have passed all this over to the developer, but i think it might be a while to fix.

All is not completely lost though. I do have 1 workaround that we can use to achieve this.

As you are also using membership 2 plugin, I have a feature I worked on for someone else. It allows you to create a coupon for marketpress 3.0 and assign that coupon to a particular membership level.

This coupon is then automatically applied to the cart itself (it detects what membership level the user is and then applies the coupon, so your members will not need to actually have the coupon code)

I can provide that workaround for you if you wish to use that? You will then not need to use any variations at all on the store product item page to achieve your goal.

Let me know if you wish to try this?

I can't apologise enough for the issues this is causing.

Thanks

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

Let me know if you wish to try this?

This sounds like it could work. The only reservation I have is what if I'm using a coupon already to give a discount to an event to members who register early? Will MarketPress be able to handle 2 coupons?

Thanks,
    William

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Yes, i'm attaching a zip to this post which includes the changed files in mp3

Unzip the folder to your desktop.

You will then see a marketpress folder.

You need to upload this to /wp-content/plugins/

The zip contains 2 changed files and 1 new file

So you need to make sure you overwrite the files in your existing marketpress plugin folder with the ones in the zip.

Once done, you should now see a new option to assign a coupon to membership in the mp coupons page. (see screenshot)

Please be aware though, as this is a hack (until this feature is added to mp3.1) it will be removed everytime you update the plugin, so we will need to keep re-applying this hack after each update, depending on what changes in the update, I may also need to update the files too with new changes, but I will try to do this quickly anyway as there are a couple of other members using this same hack too.

Just thought i'd make you aware of that.

Then just remove the variations from your store product items for the events. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions though.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Hmmm, not sure how we can get round that automatically. it is possible on the cart page, to click remove coupon link.

But he would need to add the event to the cart as a seperate transaction in that case. so 2 seperate checkouts 1 with the coupon applied, the other without.

Think that would be the only way.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I'm going off shift shortly as going out for dinner. However, I will think about this whilst i'm out & get back to you in a few hrs time.

the bug is most likely not going to get fixed for at least a few days or more I don't think, as the integrations have to be worked on my mp & events developers, so they need to also collaborate with each other if need be.

But my initial thinking is that maybe I can adjust the coupon code, so that the membership coupon is only applied to 1 item product in the cart itself.

Though that might be a problem if the member then wants to buy an event for 2 members & 1 non-member. it could get complicated.

i'm trying, but this one needs some thinking about a bit.

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Vaughan,

I never heard back from you tonight and I could not go into the weekend with my site not functioning. I have just restored my DB and Plugin Files for a second day in a row. I'm a bit frustrated!

I just got this email from a user:

I just registered for the Grape Roundtable and had many problems with the AAIE web site. I repeatedly got this message:

Oops! An error occurred while processing your payment.

There was a problem finalizing your purchase. The credit card has expired. Please go back and try again.

I tried it repeatedly with 2 different credit cards and entering the expiration date with both 2-digit and 4-digit years. I also received an email that my payment was received. I hope that my card only gets charged once, and the other card not at all.

I will only be in the office in the early AM tomorrow and am expecting after I restored all the upgrades I am going to have to trouble shoot this issue still.

What is it going to take to get a firm date so I can upgrade the plugins and not have major bugs that don't allow users to register?

William

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @William

We have an improved version of Events+ plugin where it can work with product variations in MP3. But this is still in beta and waiting to be released in next version (very soon I believe)

Would you like to test this beta? If yes, please let me know and I will provide current beta.

We really appreciate your patience on this.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• William
    • Syntax Hero

@Ashok

Would you like to test this beta? If yes, please let me know and I will provide current beta.

I would love to. I am setting up a new testing environment right now for this project although I may not be able to start fully testing till Tuesday.

Thanks,
    William

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @William

I hope you are having a great weekend :slight_smile:

We really appreciate your help on testing the beta. Here is the plugin attached.

Again, this is still beta so DO NOT use it in production server. As you said, you are having a testing environment, so it's good I think :slight_smile:

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @William

Did you ever change your event permalink structure?

I can see different types of structure in different events. Is it same as your live site?

Like:
    1. /events/2016/01/aaie-annual-conference-and-meeting/
    2. /events/roundtables/grape-roundtable/
    The later one works.

Please confirm.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.