Events and Marketpress - pay with multiple products

Hello,

I have everything working great with Events and Marketpress except these key items:

1. Is there a way of giving users the option of choosing amongst multiple product items instead of just one when paying for an event? We would like to give each user the option of buying many items from a selection our menu.

I put all products under one Top level parent product category. I then chose the same top level product category under the Events -Settings - Payments via Marketpress ...

2. Once an item is chosen as a payment option for an event --- it is removed from the list of item options when creating future events.

Best,
Aaron

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Aaron,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

1: I'm afraid currently there isn't, the user can only pay for that event item as it currently stands, What sort of thoughts did you have on this sort of feature?

2: You can't create an event from that same item once it's been used once? Or something else? Sorry could you clarify that one please :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Aaron
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack,

Thanks.

1. We are trying to create a Pot Luck system. This would basically be an event where the attendees could by a dish online. It would be great to be able to notify the group about what they are bringing. We would like users to pay for the event - but from a selection of menu items. Then, they could by one or more items to contribute to the event.

Could this feature be custom developed? If so, how long and what would it cost? Could it be a feature in upcoming updates?

2. The second issue is this: If an event is created using Pizza as a payment method for example - then Pizza is no longer available as a choice when creating other events afterwards. This means there will be no choices once we make events using all the menu items.

3. There is one other thing: The option of picking a Marketpress product as payment does not appear when creating an event using the front end editor. It is only visible in the back end. How could this be fixed?

Best
    Aaron

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Aaron,

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

1 & 2: They both certainly sound like interesting ideas :slight_smile:

We were discussing the possibility of having a pop-up form once the attendee had said yes to the rsvp, but I'm still not sure if that would work for you?

As it would be a manually typed out fields, i.e, a note etc, rather than a multi-select box, This is something we could put down as a feature request, though how quick this may get added or if it'd be done, that would depend on how many other similar requests come in, if it's wanted by anyone else etc :slight_smile:

For pricing it out, I honestly have no idea what It'd cost, it'd depend a lot on if the developer you choose has used the plugin before, their location and it's a team or just a single freelancer.

You might want to try posting a job on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

For issue 3: There sounds like there could be a issue there, could you link me to an event please so I can check this front-end? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Aaron
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot for the update and recommendations.

You can create an event on this page. http://cafeella.wpengine.com/event-planning/

So here are the two remaining issues :

1.You must be logged in though.You can see there is no option to set up the event to be paid by a Marketpress item. It is showing as an option in the backend correctly ....

2. HOWEVER - once an item is chosen as a payment method for an event - It is then no longer showing on the list of available products when creating subsequent events. The product list of items to chose gets smaller with every event created.

Best,
    Aaron

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Aaron,

I hope you are well today and I apologize about the delay here.

Would it be possible to get some WP admin details to take a closer look here?

If that is possible please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Aaron,

I hope your well today and thanks for sending through the info.

I've tested this and can replicate on your site and my own test install, I'm going to flag the lead developer here to provide his valuable input to this :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Actually, reducing the products list is by design. In order to make sure the products-events linking works reliably across events (and also recurring events instances), we're making sure that the product can only be associated with one event. As counterintuitive as it might seem, it actually makes sense to do it that way because different events will likely have different fares, or conditions, or similar. At the same time, this allows us both precise linking between events and their corresponding products, as well as greater flexibility for the end-users. If it helps, you can think of products associated with your events as a sort of "ticket" product for this event.

• eric
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I was going to start a new thread but since this one is relevant to the issue

I am trying to add the product form marketpress the same way as described above and I am able to only link it to one event (these are recurring events) (side note: you can't reliably edit a recurring event once its created without editing each created instance, not very friendly)

Above you mention that you can have the product linked to recurring events are you saying that in the creation of a new event, and choosing multiple dates and before submitting you link it to a product, that product will be linked to each and every instance of the product?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Eric,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

That is correct, as it stands one product stands for all recurring events, rather than a product per event instance.

You can edit individual instances of events, and search for the date, this would result in just one event being edited, rather than all the events in the recurring structure.

I'll also flag the lead developer for his valuable input.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.