Events+ Archive shows…future events? Is that normal?

When I use the [eab_archive] shortcode, I get a list of future events. Well, actually I only get one future event: the one for this month. But I can add “lookahead” and get more future events. But there is no “lookback” parameter to get past events….?

I’m quite confused by this. Am I not understanding the difference between archived and expired?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @kalico,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

[eab_archive] shortcode basically fetches all the events which are open from the current time if you don’t set its date parameter. So if you want to fetch all the past events of yours you’ll need to set its date parameter. Please review below explanation for more details.

When I use the [eab_archive] shortcode, I get a list of future events. Well, actually I only get one future event: the one for this month. But I can add “lookahead” and get more future events. But there is no “lookback” parameter to get past events….?

You can use date parameter of shortcode to set its starting lookup date. You can use that parameter this way,

[eab_archive date="2011-11-18" ]

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,

Milan Savaliya.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi kalico

I hope you had a wonderful day.

You can use

[eab_expired]

shortcode to show all expired events.

It has following arguments:

class – Apply this CSS class (string)

category – Show events from this category (ID or slug) (string or integer)

categories – Show events from these categories – accepts comma-separated list of IDs (list of comma-separated IDs)

limit – Show at most this many events (integer)

order – Sort events in this direction (ordering keyword)

template – Subtemplate file, or template class call (string)

override_styles – Toggle default styles usage (boolean)

override_scripts – Toggle default scripts usage (boolean)

If you wanna know more about other shortcodes, and details about these parameters, you can go to “Dashboard > Events > Shortcodes” menu and there you will get details with examples.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.