Events are Mysteriously Deleted by my own IP Address

We have had 3 events get deleted in the past month- checking the activity log the user is our own hosting server's ip address. We checked in hosting control panel for any setting that might cause this but its clean. This never happened before we updated the plugin about a month ago. Any ideas?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jim,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit that's a bit surprising and I've never came across the issue of events "removing themselves". You mentioned that the IP indicates that it was done rigth from your server. Is it possible that some users of your site are able to remove events without your knowledge?

Another thing that would be worth checking would be backups. Even if you didn't recover your site from backups, it may be possible that you hosting provider did. In case event was added after backup was created but before it was restored, it would explain the issue.

I admit though that I'm a bit "blind guessing". I think this would be worth checking with your hosting provider but also it would be helpful if you could share some server logs entries from around the time when it happened. Would it be possible?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.