Events + & Buddypress: Make Events editable by Group Admin ONLY

I want my Group Admins to be able to add and edit events within their own Groups via the front-end editor without me having to give them any special privileges manually. Unfortunately this option is not available. Is there an easyish way for me to code this in using if_group_admin or something similar?

It’s a great plugin but this seems to be such a massive hole in the functionality!

• whitetea
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the input Joe but I’m afraid that doesn’t work as the plugin you suggested doesn’t functionally integrate with BuddyPress in any meaningful way.

I can’t believe that the Events+ plugin doesn’t automatically give Group Admins the ability to control events in their specific group, that just seems crazy… I’m sure there’s a fix for this that I can add in?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings whitetea,

Thanks for the input Joe but I’m afraid that doesn’t work as the plugin you suggested doesn’t functionally integrate with BuddyPress in any meaningful way.

Booooo! That certainly puts a kill on that idea.

I can’t believe that the Events+ plugin doesn’t automatically give Group Admins the ability to control events in their specific group, that just seems crazy… I’m sure there’s a fix for this that I can add in?

Perhaps you have not activated the events extras?

BuddyPress: My Events

Activate Adds an Events tab to your user profiles.

Version 1.0 | by Ve Bailovity (Incsub)

BuddyPress: Group Events

Activate Allows you to connect your Events with your BuddyPress groups.

Version 1.0 | by Ve Bailovity (Incsub)

Does this help the situation or do you have these already activated and they still do not offer gGroup Admin privileges?

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• whitetea
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Thanks again for your input, unfortunately the Group Events add-on does not provide Group Admins control over the events in their Group which is a real shame!

Any further thoughts?

I do really appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings whitetea,

I am running out of ideas on this one but lets call in the big guns on this and see what they may have up their sleeves in ideas or solutions.

I am going to see about getting the lead developer of Events + in here to try and get his invaluable advice/advise us on this subject and hopefully he may offer us a clear path to getting this resolved.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Meanwhile if I come up with any more idea possibilities I will be sure to post them here :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

• whitetea
    • New Recruit

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately no, the Capabilities add-on does nothing to define permissions for Group Admins. There is no support for Group Admins within the Events + plugin or it’s add-ons.

Any pointers as to how I can go about fixing this? :slight_smile:

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi whitetea,

Apparently this is not a bug to be fixed, but a feature which Events+ does not possess at the moment.

So I mark this as a feature request. If there are other users requesting this feature, we will certainly consider it adding to the next update.

Cheers,

Hakan

• whitetea
    • New Recruit

It’s not a bug, but rather a large flaw. What’s the Point of BuddyPress integration if the plugin doesn’t really integreate with Buddypress…

The only reason I joined WPMU is to get a good events Plugin that works with Buddypress Groups.

If someone can give me a couple of pointers, I’ll try and add the function myself.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.