Events+ Calendar - can I change the content of the info bubble?

I am using Events+ to display events in a calendar (eab_calendar shortcode). When we hover over the event title in the calendar, there is a popup that displays the event time. I would like the popup to be a bit more sophisticated and informative:
- display more information about the event, such as the excerpt.
- be formatted with a title header (the name of the event) and the time
- include start and end times

Is there any way to accomplish these things?

• Nastia

Hello kalico

I hope you are doing well today!

To show expert on the information bubble you can use the following attributes inside the shortcode:

[eab_calendar show_excerpt="yes" excerpt_length="50"]

You can change the character length of an expert by changing the number inside the attribute excerpt_length="20".

By default, only the start time is shown inside the bubble, I'm afraid that in order to include an event title and end time this will require a lot of custom coding and is beyond the scope of support we can provide in these forums.

Please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs & Pros section on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• kalico

Hi Nastia :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking on this. I'm confused here, because there is no excerpt available when I create or edit an event. I've gone up to the "screen options" at the top, and there is no excerpt available.

So I'm not sure how to make this work. When I read about the "excerpt" option on Events+ I thought perhaps it would pull a certain number of characters automatically from the event description, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Hope you can help :slight_smile:

• Nastia

Hello kalico

Thank you for granting access to your site. There is a jQuery error in the developer console on the Calendar page.

Would you please check for a conflict with another plugin?

- Deactivate all other plugins except the Events+ and check if the excerpt are shown on the page.
    - Switch to a default WordPress theme.
    - If the excerpt is shown, activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• kalico

Hi Nastia - Never mind, I found it. Turns out it's Membership2 that is causing the JQuery error -- was quite easy to spot. So I disabled M2 and tried out the whole series of Events+ concerns, but nothing changed. (Unless you saw a different jQuery error?)

I also put Events+ on a vanilla subsite of my sandbox (which is essentially an exact duplicate of the one you have access to), with all network-wide plugins disabled, and only Events+ running on the subsite (no other plugins) -- but still there is no option to use the "Excerpts" field, even if I look at the "Screen Options" pulldown. See screenshot:

So this isn't just about the excerpt not displaying on the calendar page -- it's actually about being unable to create an excerpt at all, when creating an event.

Thanks for investigating!

Edit: for some reason, my screenshot won't work. Hopefully my words will be enough! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.