Events Calendar dates revering to 01/01/1970….

I setup a test event first with a date set for some time this month. And that worked fine the date held and all was well.

I setup something else for maybe 2010 and when it was saved and I went back. It was set to 01/01/1970.

I tired to repeatedly change the date and it would always revert back to that 1970 date.

ALL new events also revert back to that date….

Any suggestions or advise is welcome!

Right now I had to deactivate Events+ and I’m using another events calendar until this can be resolved.

PS

When you try to change the date range on an event that has set it’s self to 1970 tha date range only goes up to 1980! And only allows you to go back to 1960.

So a 20 year range!

Seems the event calendar is stuck in the disco era! I’m still stuck in the 60’s the mom’s and the pop’s…

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Glenn Louis Parker,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

It looks like you discovered a real time machine, that’d be worth a fortune :slight_smile:

I did however tested this on my test site and wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I suppose then it’s caused by some reason specific to your site only. I understand that you disabled the Events+ plugin and are know using other solution but I also think it may be difficult (if not impossible) to investigate the issue other way than testing it on your site where it happens.

That said, would that be possible that you switch back to Events+ or – alternatively – setup a staging site that’d be an exact 1:1 copy of your live site and that we could then safely use for troubleshooting?

Let me know please which way would you prefer!

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Glenn!

Thank you for granting me an access and switching site back to Events+. I checked your site and I was able to see the issue for myself. Furthermore, knowing what’s happening on your site I was able as well to replicate this on my test setup.

After some more investigation I found out that the date reverts to “sweet 70’s disco era” only under certain circumstances :slight_smile: The thing is that when you’re creating an event you’re required to put time value for starting and ending date. Let’s say that the event starts at 9am and ends on 10pm. If you put (respectively) “9” and “10” into time fields, the “time machine fires” and date gets reverted. If you however put “9:00” and “10:00” the date saves fine and it’s working as expected.

Therefore, the temporary workaround is to take care of the time format and always put it like “H:MM” or “HH:MM” but not just round hour without minutes specified. That said, I’m reporting this immediately to the Events+ developers and hopefully they’ll be able to fix that soon.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Iperrie!

Can you please start a separate thread of your own on our Support Forum? You may do this here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

This thread is very old an Events+ plugin was updated since then. Please open a ticket reporting the issue and we’ll check that again and get back to our developers with it, if required. Keeping it in separate thread will let us track information better and keep in communication with you in a better way. We’ll also spare unnecessary notifications to the member who started this ticket and may not even be interested in the case anymore.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Wendy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I understand creating a separate thread on the Support Forum, but this thread is (at the moment) still the top result in Google when searching for this issue.

Events+ has been updated (several times) since this thread was created but the issue persists.

If you found this thread searching for the 1970 date reversion issue, check your Event Time formatting. It must be formatted as H:MM or HH:MM

Do not use AM or PM

If your time needs to be PM, calculate the numbers like you would for military time, but the colon like you would for standard time formatting (military time does not use a colon, it is only numbers). So, if you need to enter an event time of 9pm you need to enter 21:00

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wendy!

Thank you for your feedback and advice. I realize that this comes up in Google in relation to the issue but please do start a separate topics in cases like this instead of adding up to an old ticket that’s been closed by it’s creator. The most efficient way is to post a separate thread of your own and include a reference link to this (or any other related thread that you consider relevant) in your new ticket. We are all here to help you so please help us help you :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.