Events +. Calendar does not display events

Some events are not displaying in my calendar. I tried a plugin/theme conflict test - no results. Those event are published.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matthew Hartnet

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I did a lot of testing on your site but so far to no success, unfortunately. I have, however, found an SQL error reported in server php log that might be related here or at least point to some related issue and I'd like to "dig deeper" into it.

However, I would need additional access: the site's hosted on SiteGround and unless the cache for the domain on SiteGround side (that can be done via cPanel) is fully disbled (including "memcached"), I'd need to be able to flush it on demand and I also need to be able to access the database for the site (via phpMyAdmin).

That said, could you please:

- either provide me with access to cPanel (from where I can clear/disable SiteGround cache and access database)

- or disable cache on server for that domain and provide me with direct access to phpMyAdmin (access URL) so I could check database?

I've let myself extend support access on the staging site so in order to provide me with this credentials please go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page there (on http://www.thebas....ne.com/wpmudev staging site), post them in the text box below "Access active for 1 week" green button and let me know here when it's done.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matthew Hartnet

Thank you for response and for sharing access.

I have checked the site again and the database but I must admit I still didn't find the culprit. In this case, I'll need to reach out to our developers for some help.

I've already reported the case to them and provided them (that remind confidential of course) with the details of the case and access credentials to your site. They'll look into it and let us know what they found so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

It seems that this is caused by some limitation on the number of events that could be shown in the calendar at once, our developers are checking it further and trying to determine where exactly the limit is coming from and hopefully we will have some good news soon.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matthew Hartnet

I'm sorry that it's taking that much time but it's quite "weird" issue and also difficult to replicate (I mean: "replicate from scratch"). As Predrag previously mentioned, there seem to be some limitation but it's not "intentional" but rather an "unexpected side effect" and our developers didn't find a solid and "replicable" reason for it so they're still working on that.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Matthew Hartnet

Hope you are fine!

Actually there is a limit for max events to display, since you have lots of events in your site, you need to increase the limit of max result, I made a mu plugin for you, please follow the steps below:

1: Download the gist file: https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/c19d91884cafcb831fc2a49c83e40dcd
    2: upzip it, so you get this file: eab-max-result-limit-increase.php
    3: Inside the wp-content folder create mu-plugins folder if it's already not exist.
    4: Now upload the eab-max-result-limit-increase.php inside the mu-plugins folder.
    5: You can change the $limit variable as your wish on line 24 in the eab-max-result-limit-increase.php file.

By default the limit in the plugin is 500, I set it to 3000, I hope it's pretty fine, so you don't need to increase it now, but yah, if you have more than 3000 events in a single month, then you need to increase it.

=== What is mu-plugins? ===
    mu-plugins also called "must use plugins" is auto-activated plugin, that's mean by adding that file inside the "mu-plugins" the code is automatically start functioning without any activation from dashboard.
    If you need to more about mu-plugins, here's the link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins
    In future if you need to deactivate it, just remove this file.

Let me know if you face any problem regarding this issue.

Best Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.