Events Calendar For Entire Network

Good Day. I am building a collaborative network of sites and need to be able to create a Calendar of Events which will reflect all events from across the network. It would be great to be able to pull events from individual sites and display in one calendar on the front site.

I'm finding this to be a requirement on many projects for many different content types.

Is this possible with Events +

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

If you're using our Post Indexer plugin, this should already be possible with the calendar shortcode. The calendar shortcode accepts the "network" attribute, which allows you to query the events from your whole network. The Post Indexer plugin is essential for this process, as it gathers the networked events into one location that allows for this behavior - it does need to be configured to index the event post types (incsub_event), as it won't do this by default.

• nomadone
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks a Ton @Vladislav.

I have been indexing events post types but was listing them usign a 3rd party plugin as a sidebar widget. Finally figured out how to display the calendar shortcode as a calendar view.

I'm still not getting events from other network sites shown in the calendar even though when I fetch those post types through the 3rd party widget I was using I do get them shown.

For example you can see the main front site - http://ihousewiki.com/events/ has one of it's own events but none of the other "indexed" events from the rest of the network.

You will see however when I pull the same custom post type using a different plugin it does in fact manage to pull more than just the event on the current site.

I'm using this shortcode as I couldn't find any reference to a complete syntax for the shortcodes [eab_calendar network=true]

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Can you kindly check if the subsites you have created are set to private ?

I can have a closer look at this if you can send me you login details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I just tested it on your site and it works fine.

To test you can go to your main site >> Pages and see there is a draft page named as test.

Just preview that page and you would see all events from the subsites on the calendar.

Can you kindly check and let me know ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• nomadone

Hi @PC,

ok so it works on that page but on the the page I have with the same shortcode called Events? That's weird. Was there anything specific you did to enable it to work on the test page other than placing a shortcode in there?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey There,

Thanks for posting back.

I did nothing apart from copying the short code and pasting it there :slight_smile:

I can look on why its not working on the page you tried to use it however it might have been some temporary issue.

So are we good on this one as of now ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• nomadone

Hi @PC I figured it out

The settings make the events page the base slug for event archives on that particular site so no matter what i did it always shows that specific site's archive of events only. As soon as I renamed the page to network events it showed the networks events from all sites.

So basically the network setting won't work on a page which has the same name as the slug set in the events + settings :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So basically the network setting won't work on a page which has the same name as the slug set in the events + settings :slight_smile:

Great :slight_smile:

Glad things are sorted out now !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.