EVENTS+: CAN WE RSVP FOR AN EVENT WITH CUSTOM FORM, NOT LOGING IN OR CREATING NEW USER?

Hi,
The plugin is great but I need to have the possibility for the user to RSVP without creating new user account on our website or for someone who doesn't have FB account etc. I need there to be an option for "rsvp with your basic data" so the form would open with name, phone, email, place for notes and also one checkbox (we need to know if the person needs to rent an equipment). It needs to be so anyone can book a place without any account.
Is there a way to do this?

Besides I would like to point out that "additional fields" add-on doesn't work. I want to create field and when I click "Add" nothing happens.

Thank you,
Marta

• Luís

Hi Marta ,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can use the "RSVP with email address" add-on, that will allow your users to RSVP to events just with their e-mail address. However, to do that with a custom form, will require some custom code, so I will need to flag the SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to investigate further and get their valuable feedback about the code involved. It will be used a custom form created by other plugin, like Gravity forms?

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply. You can always use our Jobs Board to try find a skilled developer that can help you to achieve your goal.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Besides I would like to point out that "additional fields" add-on doesn't work. I want to create field and when I click "Add" nothing happens.

I would like to apologize, but this bug was already reported and our developers already solved it in the "dev" version and it's waiting to be released.

However, if you need that urgently, please, do the following procedure:

1) Go to "wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/lib/plugins/" folder and download the "eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php" file;

2) Close to the line 221 replace:

$root.append(_.template(tpl, data));

by

$root.append( _.template( tpl )( data ) );

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Marta

Hi Luis,

Thank you for quick reply.

I would like for my events to be RSVPed only with the custom form because with the RSVP I need to collect few additional informations and I don't want the users to be registering and loging in because I need those informations every time they will RSVP and same people go to different events (it's an airsoft field with airsoft games). The informations I need to collect on RSVP is name, mail, phone number, checkbox for if they need to rent equipment or not and notes section. It needs to be so anyone can book two events and every time he will be asked to fill this form.

Sadly I need this feature rather urgent so maybe I'll look for some different plugin for booking an event. I's a shame because Events+ is very good otherwise, I really like it. But my client needs those features badly.

The code for the additional fields worked fine, thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind regards
      Marta

• Panos

Hey Marta ,

I prepared a custom plugin which I think it's worth giving a try.

You can download it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l06pe97ehsww74q/wpmudev-events-custom-rsvp.zip?dl=0

You can install it as any other plugin and should be installed alongside the Events+ plugin.

It provides the following custom fields:
    Email
    First name
    Last Name
    and a checkbox for Equipment rental

At the admin page of the event you can see the phone number and if user has chosen to rent equipment of not.

Please let me know how this works for you :slight_smile:

Cheer!
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.