Events+ cancelling and deleting attendance is clunky/not working

Hi guys,

Just a quick report on some Events+ functionality. I have it linked to Marketpress and when you delete the order via Marketpress it still says the person has paid in Events+ and I couldn't see an option to class the order as refunded so I just deleted it.

Also when I try and delete said order from the attending list I can't. I deleted a few others, possibly test users I used and had not paid. There is another attendee with no info that hasn't paid that I cannot cancel or delete. The whole cancelling/deleting thing seems to be a bit hit or miss.

On the front end the attendees where in one column, I fixed by simply adding:

.eab-guest-list li {
    float: left;
}

to the stylesheet.

Probably theme related but I noticed when I click on someone who has rsvp'd on the front end that it tries to take me to an /author/username/ page which results in a 404. But what would be good is the ability to control this. I would like to have the option to remove the rsvp section completely and control what the user image links to etc.

Thought I'd quickly put this out there in case anything is taken on board for updates.

Cheers

Neil

• Rupok

Hi Neil,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Let me answer one by one.

I have it linked to Marketpress and when you delete the order via Marketpress it still says the person has paid in Events+ and I couldn't see an option to class the order as refunded so I just deleted it

Can you please tell us exactly how did you integrate Events+ payment with MarketPress? Did you integrate these two with the "Payments via MarketPress Products" addon? What payment gateway are you using in MarketPress? I am asking this because I want to follow step by step as you did and want to regenerate this same issue on my test site. If I can regenerate the same, I'll report this to our developer right away.

I try and delete said order from the attending list I can't

Orders are available under MarketPress options. As you said you tried to delete the order from the attending list, can you please tell us which list you are referring to? If you can give us a full page screenshot, that will be great.

There is another attendee with no info that hasn't paid that I cannot cancel or delete

Can you please tell us specifically which attendee to check? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access.

I would like to have the option to remove the rsvp section completely and control what the user image links to etc

I'm afraid, options for controlling user image links is not available out of the box, but you can hide the RSVP section with custom CSS code. I went to your site and didn't see any RSVP section. So I assume, you already made that section hidden. Am I missing anything?

Please let us know all these details. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• ThePath

Hi Rupok,

OK will answer them in order:

1. Yes integrated Events+ and Marketpress with the addon provided, using Paypal.
    2. No in the Event edit page you can see a list of people who have rsvp'd. Here is where the clunky/non functioning delete/cancel is happening.
    3. Well you can see here: http://www.nomadpodcast.co.uk/events/2017/04/nomad-gathering-weekend-ticket/ that there is an attendee image missing, I tried to delete this one and could not. I also wanted to remove the user from the "No" section.
    4. No the rsvp section is still visible: http://www.nomadpodcast.co.uk/events/2017/04/nomad-gathering-weekend-ticket/
    5. It's not my website so I would need to ask to let anyone else access it.

Thanks for the help so far

Neil

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Neil,

I'm testing this issue on my site and I could delete users that had not paid without problem - it would be awesome if we could check your site with support access.

Probably theme related but I noticed when I click on someone who has rsvp'd on the front end that it tries to take me to an /author/username/ page which results in a 404.

I'm checking this on my site and I have no problem with viewing authors page from RSVP. You can remove link from avatars in plugin code, in file /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/class_eab_template.php in line 288, by replacing it with this:

$content .= '<a href="#" title="'.$user_data->display_name.'">' .

Before doing any changes please make a copy of that file.

4. No the rsvp section is still visible: http://www.nomadpodcast.co.uk/events/2017/04/nomad-gathering-weekend-ticket/

Please try this code:

#event-booking-no {display: none;}

You can
    a) add it to the child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.