Events+ categories

I've just found a new issue with the new Event+ categories.

For non apparent reason, users are forced to use a specific categorie build for Event+, instead of one of our choice.
I'm building a special area in the home page that shows all "featured" contents.
This would contains any sort of content that has a specific tag (not a category!) that would be obviously called "featured".

Please, in the next version (there will be ever one?), try to give more freedom to the user (see also my complaints about the widget).

• aecnu

Greetings sciamannikoo,

I will move this ticket to the applicable feature requests section and notify the lead developer of the feature request.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• sciamannikoo

Ok aecnu.

Mine wasn't actually a request, but more a complaint about how this plugin looks to have been written more for a specific need, and less for a broad use.

Anyway I don0't need to hire a developer: I know how to customize it. Actually I want to recall that before Event+ got some improvements with the Upcoming Events widget, I've built my own customization that gave a lot more of freedom to the user. It has even been submitted to the WPMUDEV team but it has been clearly ignored.

The problem is that customization gets lost with each plugin update and this is quite annoying and time wasting, whilst the developer is supposed to also work for a more usability of his product.

Instead, here in WPMUDEV looks like you prefer to spend a lot of time improving your website and less time taking care of the actual user's issues: I want to recall for the nth time that I've open issues since weeks, without any feedback since then.

Said that, you can keep my "request" (as you want to call it) in the feature requests section, but frankly I don't feel it will be ever considered.

I can say by now that looking at the last months' experience, I've lost hope and faith towards WPMUDEV.in general.

• aecnu

Greetings sciamannikoo,

I've just found a new issue with the new Event+ categories.

For non apparent reason, users are forced to use a specific categorie build for Event+, instead of one of our choice.
    I'm building a special area in the home page that shows all "featured" contents.
    This would contains any sort of content that has a specific tag (not a category!) that would be obviously called "featured".

Please, in the next version (there will be ever one?), try to give more freedom to the user (see also my complaints about the widget).

It is clear in this post as shown above, that you have indeed made statements and a feature request Please, in the next version (there will be ever one?)

In addition to your comment concerning in the next version (there will be ever one?), it was last updated on 14 May 2012, less then a month ago.

Cheers, Joe

• sciamannikoo

Don't take it personal Joe, but frankly, I wonder if you, in my shoes, wouldn't think the same.

We have been left here for weeks without answers, with some rumor about something amazing on the work, that was amazing indeed, but just an improvement to the WPMUDEV site and update plugin.

Instead, during this time, and even later, including today, we've got no plugins updates, no answers for weeks (and still waiting) about existing issues (actual issues, bugs, errors, mistakes!), not even a simple feedback about them.

Less than a month ago, we've got an Event+ update that partially answered only few of user's issues (don't call them requests: things like removing the 5 weeks limit, can't be considered requests and it's still unresolved).

Again, an issue that many developers have (and I consider myself a developer, even if more skilled in other platforms, so I'm quite aware of this world) is not to think on the user's point of view.
    The Event+ has a lot of potentialities, but is too closed.
    Why forcing users to use a specific category?
    Why removing the excerpt field?
    Why filtering by 5 weeks, instead of leaving this to the user's choice?
    Why allowing to filter Upcoming Events by a category, but not by a list of categories.
    Why not allowing to filter Upcoming Events excluding one or more categories?

These are all possible needs and while incsub what writing the new Upcoming Events widget (considering also that I had already made most of the job and made it available for anyone interested) they didn't think about it?

It's just something I can't understand. Just that.

Then consider it as a request or whatever you want. Stick to the words and don't look at the actual meaning of the issue. It doesn't matter.

As I've said, my faith about WPMUDEV declined weeks ago and keeps declining and this is only another confirmation of my thoughts.

Said that, if you intend to answer again as like a Customer Care and Support agent, please don't even bother.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.