Events + causing conflicts…

Hello.

Im building a site, and Events + plugin is causing problems with Nevada Theme and Revolution slider. When the Events plugin is enabled the revolution slider displays blank. The site in question is http://www.mantakchia.com

The site is live and i really really need this fixed. Please help. Also, problems are developing on generativeleadership.co.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

I’ve checked out the site and cannot see if the Events Plugin is on, I am assuming not because I can see the pic on the front page and the shortcodes on the sidebar…

The quickest way to test is to have the plugin enabled and use a tool like Firebug to see what is happening.

Maybe we can setup a time to have it enabled, perhaps later in the evening or early morning when there is less traffic? And i can give it a look.

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Thank you for putting it back on!

I've found that there are indeed 3 javascript errors, one from the Upcoming Calendar Widget.

Can you try to remove that widget and see if it helps?

In the meantime I'll ping the developer and post the javascript errors here. The top two are from the nevada theme, the last is from the widget.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you very much for leaving the plugin turned on long enough so I can see the issue myself. The issue is caused by a custom jQuery version linked in by your theme (jQuery v1.9.0), instead of the default one that ships with WordPress. This is not really the best practice but there’s quite a few themes that do it. Thankfully, the version linked by the theme is actually higher than the one that ships with WP core, so this isn’t as big of a problem as this practice usually causes.

The upcoming plugin release will sort this kind of conflict too, but in the meanwhile, as a quick stop-gap measure, you can try adding this to your functions.php:

function my_enqueue_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script('jquery-compat', 'http://code.jquery.com/jquery-migrate-1.0.0.min.js', array('jquery'));
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_enqueue_scripts', 999);

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.