Events+: change message when there are no events scheduled

When clicking the top nav for "Events," and there are no events scheduled, you receive this message:

You are browsing the archive for Events.
Not Found

I would like to change the message. Can you tell me how to make this change?

We are using the latest version of WordPress, BuddyPress, and Events+.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Allan

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Allan!

I think this message is actually from your theme. There is a default message given for archives unless you specify otherwise.

You can use the archive page template in the templates/default directory of the plugin to create your own archive page.

Best,

Kimberly

• allanmcnabb
    • New Recruit

Thanks for helping Kimberly.

Is there any way to find out for sure if this is from the theme, it seems that it has to be from the plugin to me.

FYI: I have switched temporarily to the default BuddyPress theme, and the result is the same.

Since the message is specific to Events (You are browsing the archive for Events. Not Found.), it seems logical that it's generated by the plugin. So, it seems that it would be rather simple to change the message in the plugin. If you could find out where to make the change, it would help a lot!

Thanks!
    Allan

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Since the message is specific to Events (You are browsing the archive for Events. Not Found.), it seems logical that it's generated by the plugin.

Events is actually built on a custom post type.

If you created a custom post type called "macaroni" it would say "You are browsign the archive for macaroni. Not Found.

I've gone back to the page to see about inspecting the page to find the page template but it is gone now that you have an even scheduled.

You can easily change the archive template on the settings to show a calendar or to use the plugin archive template. Have you tried these yet?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.