Events+ conflict with another plugin

I purchased an ad management plugin called wp adcenter and there are start and end date fields that when clicked on there is supposed to be a calendar that appears where I can click on the date. I noticed it was not working and turned off the events+ plugin and it now works. However, I need both to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help with them if we possibly can.

Are you running these on the same site? Have you thought about possibly activating one of these on a sub site if you have a MultiSite setup?

If so give it a whirl and let me know if it works out.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Aloha Joe,

I am using them on the same site and do not have the knowledge or understanding about MultiSite. I had this problem before when I had just the Events+ plugin activated and the date input field would not bring up the calendar but unfortunately I lost my notes on how it was fixed. Hopefully it is just a setting somewhere but I could not find anything on both plugins. Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Thank you for the additional input, but I do not quite understand what is going on there.

You said: I noticed it was not working and turned off the events+ plugin and it now works.

What happens when you turn off the plugin called wp adcenter?

Does the calendar return in Events+?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thanks Joe and sorry for the confusion, the Events+ plugin is not affected by the Wp Adcenter plugin as far as I can tell. When both plugins are turned on Events+ appears to be working properly.

However, the calendar in the Wp Adcenter plugin does not show up when a campaign start or end date field is clicked on. It is supposed to work the same way as the Events+ plugin when the start or end date field is clicked on and a calendar appears to select a date.

When I disable the Events+ plugin the calendar does pop up in Wp Adcenter and I am able to select start and end dates. Thanks again.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Hey no problem, just trying to get my head wrapped around on what is going on there so we can see what kind of possible solutions we can come up with and thank you for the clarification it is certainly helpful.

The calendar you are referring to with the Ad Center is on the back end?

If it is on the front end may we please have a URL to it?

Can you please check your page with a javascript console open (Ctrl+Shift+J in Firefox/Chrome) and see if there are any javascrpt errors on the page?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joe,

The calendar is on the backend and because I cannot create a campaign I do not have a url to refer you to. It is the same type of calendar date selector as when adding an event date in Events+. Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Thank you for the additional helpful input.

Obviously the two calendars are colliding somewhere along the line and therefore I will see if the lead developer has any ideas as to how to possibly address this conflict.

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Thank you for the additional input and for taking the time to contact the developer of the Wp Adcenter plugin. I had no doubt that they are equeued properly as you mentioned, but did he give a possible reason as to why the conflict?

This is the key question and it appears that the other developer did not ask for a copy of our GPL plugin to try to answer that themselves.

In any event, our lead developer has indeed been flagged to this ticket to hopefully give us the answers and hopefully the fix as well.

Thank you once again for the additional information and for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joe,

I just updated the Events+ plugin and now the calendar is not working. I disabled the Wp Adcenter plugin and the calendar shows up again. Wp Adcenter vendor said he will have his developer take a look at it. Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 808,

Thank you for the additional input and for letting us know about the recent development with the update.

Look forward to hearing about what their developer has to say in any event and we appreciate it that they are digging into this some more.

Let us know.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.