Events+ Couponing and Currencies

How can I build a mature e-commerce platform out of Events+ ?

By this I mean, seriously, no coupons or discount codes? (my implementer has not found them, and I searched on the Events+ page)

And, only one currency? What if I have events for which people travel long distances, international events? People like to see their own currency.

At this time, I am pretty disappointed that there doesn't seem to be some kind of intelligent reuse of code, for example, couponing support from Marketpress, in Events+

Is there some plan to bring the functionalities together?

Will Events+ always be a second tier app to Marketpress, and only for "light" e-commerce sites?

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @kenlyle

Events+ uses paypal, so only 1 currency is needed, which is the currency you accept via paypal.

when a user pays via paypal, their currency will be exchanged to your currency at paypals current exchange rate.

there's also a manual payments addon available in the settings.

But i'm not aware of coupon usage.

I can add this thread to the features/feedback section to see if there's interest in adding it to future versions.

hope this helps a little.

thanks

• kenlyle
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks, Vaughn.

Unfortunately, the Paypal currency is also the display currency. So, if that's USD, in our case, the visitor from say, Denmark sees the price in USD. He/she is probably expecting Kr or EUR or something.

It would be nice to have a little currency exchange widget which shows the price equivalencies, especially if we can GeoIP the visitor, as I have done for a Joomla site, using Maxmind.

Best,
    Ken

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.