Events+ Custom Fields show the word "test" in them

I just updated to the latest version of Events+ because I needed the custom registration field addon. It seems to be working except the fields are showing up already populated with the word "test" in them. I'm thinking this is an error?

If you can help me get this fixed that would be awesome!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @IsaacMiller

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

'test' seems to be appeared from browser cache. When you fill up a form, sometimes the browser cache the data, and use the same value if you use similar form somewhere.

Would you please share me a link of your event page so that I can check from here? Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• IsaacMiller
    • Flash Drive

I opened an incognito window in chrome to test it so I don't think it was a cache issue. You can check out my events implementation here:
    http://moosedunord.headsaflamemedia.com/events/

I'm also having an issue on recurring events, knowing which date people have rsvped for? It seems all the RSVPs are just added to the same event. For my purposes I may have to create our recurring events individually just so the rsvp lists don't get mixed up.

Anyway, check it out and get back to me.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Yes, you are right. Sorry I got you wrong. Test is hardcoded. I am letting the developer know.

Meantime, would you please go to /plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php line no 82
    '<input type=&quot;' + field.type + '&quot; value=&quot;test&quot; id=&quot;eab-rarf-' + field.id + '&quot; />' +
    replace with
    '<input type=&quot;' + field.type + '&quot; value=&quot;&quot; id=&quot;eab-rarf-' + field.id + '&quot; />' +

Let me know if it works for you.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue (and apologies for having to report it in the first place)! Apparently, something went wrong with the file edit (probably a stray quote or something along those lines), which caused the script responsible for finding the values of your newly added fields to break. The attached Beta should have the issue fixed - you can just replace that one file from the attached archive, or all of them. Can you please give that a go and see if it helps?

• IsaacMiller
    • Flash Drive

It seems like it's working, accept nothing happens after you click the submit button. I clicked it a few times and the page didn't change, then I waited a few more seconds and finally it redirected me to a success page. Something has to be added so the button redirects you after clicking, otherwise my users could get frustrated.

Why isn't "name" a field when people signup for an event? Wordpress has those fields built in, why do I have to create a custom RSVP field for someone's name?

Also I'm having another issue where I'm not getting the email notifications when people signup for an event. I'm sorry to be a bother, but there's quite a few little things that need to be addressed for this to work for my client's needs.

Any ideas why the email notofications aren't working? Should I open another ticket? I can give you superadmin access as well as FTP access if you want to check it out.

Let me know!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

@Vladislav: How's about adding a loading icon when user clicks on submit button? As I can see the data is processed in the background and user may confuse.

@IsaacMiller: About email, do you get regular WP email when a new user is created? Also, please make sure you have checked spam box :slight_smile:

Send me a screenshot about email settings for A+ please.

Cheers
    Ash

• IsaacMiller
    • Flash Drive

Also for me, the registration forms aren't even submitting. I click the button and waited over 40 seconds and nothing. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple accounts. I was also wondering if this form could use the actually wordpress "name" field instead of creating a custom field for that?

At this point all I really need is for the account registration to work fluidly and for my event organizers to get the emails. Also, are the custom fields saved in to the .csv spread sheet file?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I have just tested the email things and it's worked fine for me in my test site. Just to make sure, did you see anything if you click on preview?

Also for me, the registration forms aren't even submitting. I click the button and waited over 40 seconds and nothing

As this is a ajax submission so it depends on the internet connection speed and the server response. Would you please share me a link so that I can test it?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

Registration form is submitting. I have just registered in an event with a test username. And it took about 20 seconds for me.

About the login details, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

Alternatively, send me login details.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• IsaacMiller
    • Flash Drive

Why does the form take so long to submit? It also seems like I have to click the button several times before it works. Is this a common issue?

For loading feedback you guys could use this javascript:
    http://lab.hakim.se/ladda/

Or the buttons from here:
    http://tympanus.net/codrops/2013/12/12/progress-button-styles/

I'm also still not getting any email notifications when people RSVP, nothing to the site admin or event creator. My wordpress install is able to send emails, I've tested that.

I just granted WPMU support access to you guys: http://headsaflamemedia.com/
    The site on my network that I'm using events+ is http://moosedunord.headsaflamemedia.com/
    I really need this figured out! Thanks in advance!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I am extremely sorry for the delay. I was off to join in WordCamp so had no access in the forum. I really apologize for this.

Would you please send me login details again using our contact form?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.