Events+ does not synchronize with google calendar

Hi,
I have not been able to get Events+ synchronize with Google Calendar!
The settings seem to be correctly set up, though!
Please advice,
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best regards :slight_smile:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Everest,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to know that it's not synchronizing, could you please explain does it import/export any of the events, or it doesn't work at all? This could either be a plugin conflict, or the google calendar is not properly configured.

Could you please check this screencast, and make sure whether you haven't missed out any steps: http://screencast.com/t/aJgOXv3MOUJ

If you have configured it as above, and since I don't see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If you still have issues, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Everest
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ah, sorry about that! I posted an update on another support ticket by mistake!
    I have setup a test website and will do all the steps as directed and keep you update :slight_smile:
    Thanks again and wish you an amazing day :slight_smile:

• Everest

Hi,
    I have deactivated all plugins except Events+
    I chose Twenty Sixteen theme.
    The calendar does not synchronize with my google calendar.
    No export or import!
    BUT! When I click on Events in WP admin panel, I see a list of my google calendar events between 2006-2011!
    These dose not show up on the Events Calendar page.
    I have rechecked Google API setup. It seems to be correct.
    Please advice,

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Everest,

I tried to login with Support Access to investigate further, but it's showing me the following error:

This access token has expired. Please ask the user to renew it.

Can you please grant us permission again so we can check this? And is this site live? Can we try to check the issue by adding our test calendars? Please confirm.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Everest,

The calendar does not synchronize with my google calendar. No export or import!

I checked your website, and it's configuration and the import settings do look fine. I was not able to notice the export button in the events front page, which is odd.

BUT! When I click on Events in WP admin panel, I see a list of my google calendar events between 2006-2011!

I was able to notice all the events present in your system is showing in your calendar. Or Am I missing something here? Only two events are related to year 2016, if your Google calendar has older events it would import that too. And the present issue is that you cannot import, or export any new events?

Is this a live website?, Can I perform an extensive conflict test? Also, would like to know whether I could test with my Google Calendar credentials in your system, to rule out any issues.

Please do let us know so that we could help get this resolved asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Everest

Hi Nithin,
    Thank you for your respond.
    "I was able to notice all the events present in your system is showing in your calendar."
    I have added 2 recurring events through Events+. These are not showing in my google calendar: http://www.ilovedancing.no/timeplan/
    None of the events in my google calendar are showing up on Events+ calendar on my website either.
    "Or Am I missing something here? Only two events are related to year 2016, if your Google calendar has older events it would import that too." Yes on the Events+ I have setup Only two events related to year 2016, my google calendar has many events related to 2016!
    ".......And the present issue is that you cannot import, or export any new events?"
    Correct! :slight_smile:
    "Is this a live website?"
    Yes it is :slight_smile:
    "Can I perform an extensive conflict test?"
    Sure!
    "Also, would like to know whether I could test with my Google Calendar credentials in your system, to rule out any issues."
    Sure :slight_smile: The google calendar is showing fine on the google calendar widget!
    Please see it here: http://www.ilovedancing.no/timeplan/

NB!
    For your information, there is another issue on the website which WPMU DEV support is working on it. So some tests, etc, might be in progress there, I am not sure!

Kind Regards,
    Reyza

• Everest

Hope I am not misunderstanding the whole thing!
    I have expected:
    - the events created using Events+ showing up at my Google calendar.
    - the events created using my Google calendar showing up at Events+ calendar on my website.
    I am also expecting a synchronization in both directions.
    Thanks again for your support :slight_smile:

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Everest,

I am also expecting a synchronization in both directions.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but "Import: Google Calendar" add-on is not working like that.

Sync events from your Google Calendars. For now, only your regular events will be imported (no recurring events).

That add-on only imports events from gCal. Once they are imported they will be not touch by add-on in future. So if you change event in gCal and that event was already imported it will be not changed.

Are your events in gCal recurring events? If yes, they will be not imported - add-on will only import regular events - do you have any regular events in gCal that are not imported?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Everest,

At the moment Google Calendar Import will only import regular events, Unfortunately, I don't have an exact ETA regarding recurring events import, developers are aware of this, and it's something that we will be considering implementing down the road with the future release of Events+.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Everest

Thank you Nithin,
    I will then wait with using the plugin. Looking very much forward to recurring events import in Events+ :slight_smile:
    Wish you a nice weekend too and again thank you for your AWESOME support :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.