Events+ don't require WP account for user to signup

I don't want people to need a WP account to sign up for events. I want everyone to be taken straight to the paypal screen. What's the best way to go about this?

Is the list of RSVP's in the edit event page the only place where registrations are displayed?

• aecnu

Greetings ghc,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

I do not think it will be possible due to when the IPN returns from PayPal the installation must already have the users account created so that it can be applicably credited and recorded.

I admit that I do not know everything and would rather give no answer then the wrong answer.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us to confirm if I am correct or let us know how to accomplish this.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to RSVP to an event (and, subsequently, pay for it) without having a registered local user. The plugin works with registered user IDs to track and handle their payments and booking status, and there's no way around that. There's a possibility of allowing your users to register with Facebook/Twitter in order to facilitate the registration process as much as possible.

As for the RSVP lists, there's also the public "who's coming" list. You can also export the booking info for an Event as CSV file if you wish to process it in a different interface.

• aecnu

Greetings ghc,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• flowta

Some thoughts on this, perhaps useful.
    Whether the purchaser is a site member or not, the site would need to 'keep' certain information so that you could communicate with the purchaser, and to ensure admittance, refund, etc. This would include email, perhaps name, booking number, and event details, and payment confirmation.
    This information needs to be kept somewhere. Why not in the members database?
    The ticket number could be the user Id, and the receipt number a password, temporarily.
    There is an ethical issue about registering members. But if the use of this database, or the temporary membership, was short term and inactivated after the event, it would be absolutely no different to holding the information for event purposes.
    The Membership plugin could be used to create a temporary 'Ticket Holder' level, which ensure the purchaser is not disadvantaged by access to member only areas of the site, or emails other than re the event.
    And the only coding necessary would be deactivation or deletion of the member record after the event.

• aecnu

Greetings ghc and flowta,

@flowta Thank you for your reasonable perspective and understanding of how this plugin works and what is expected of its functioning.

@ghc Since it appears that your client will not listen to reason and you can code and pick it apart so be it - but this whole thing is about unintended use and custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do try to help within reason if we can.

You have dissed the reasoning of the lead developer and reigning authority/creator of this plugin twice now.

If you really want to try to do it the way you describe then replace the button with a button from PayPal and be done with it. But good luck at keeping track which folks have paid for an event.

With that said this ticket is closed permanently.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.