Events+ Events archive sort by publish date

Hello!

Is is possible in any way to sort the events coming from [eab_archive] shortcode sorted by the publish date instead of the event start date? I couldn't find anything in the shortcode parameters, perhaps any other workaround?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Bernadette,

I'm afraid that there's no option to change this within plugin settings so de have forwarded your question to our developers so they can check if there's any filter we could use in order to change this with some code snippet.
    Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Bernadette !

It seems sorting by the publish date is standard behavior for the [eab_archive] shortcode. I created a new page with this shortcode and added several events and then I opened this page and I see that they are sorted by publish date. Did I miss something?

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Bernadette
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ivan,

Could it be because you are adding events in an ascending way? I tried creating another page like you and adding the shortcode, it is still showing events in ascending order to the date of the events. For example:

I add an event that will be held in January, then an event that will be held in May, finally I add another event that will be held in March.
      The order displayed will be January, March, May. And not in the order January, May, March like I am requesting.

Hope I am explaining this clearly.
      Thanks

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Bernadette !

I checked it again and the [eab_archive] shortcode sorts by publish date on my site.

If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ivan Svyrskyi"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - page link with [eab_archive] shortcode on you site
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Note: Don't send any credentials via this forum because it's public forum.

Best,
    Ivan.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Bernadette !

I used 1.9.7 version of the plugin for my tests but they say that eab_archive shortcode brokes there.
    You could try adding the following snippet in a MU plugin ( more info about MU plugins is here )

<?php
    function wpmu_events_eab_archive_change_sorting( $statuses ) {
    	global $name;
    	if ( 'eab_archive' === $name ) {
    		Eab_Filter::start_date_ordering_tear_down();
    	}
        return $statuses;
    }
    add_filter( 'eab-collection-forbidden_statuses', 'wpmu_events_eab_archive_change_sorting' );

If it won't help - please send me your credentials as I mentioned in my previous reply, I'll look it more.

Best,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.