[Events +] Events Plugin Duplicating cancelation emails

An event has been cancelled and it is generating the cancellation emails. Unfortunately something seems to be stuck as it is sending the same email every hour. The event was cancelled and deleted so we can't get in to the event to investigate. As a note it was a recurring event and others are still live.
The email comes through with no placeholders in it eg. Event name etc.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello CS_Team

I hope you're fine today!

It looks like the e-mail queue (the plugin is sending messages in batches) wasn't cleared properly. Is there any server-side caching, especially like Varnish or Memcached or any db "optimization" tools?

Would you please enable support access to the site so we could take a closer look? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let us know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi CS_Team,

I'm trying to replicate this on my end based on your setup but I do have some followup questions.
    Did you just remove the event or you first canceled and then deleted it?
    Do you know which recurring option was set, weekly, monthly, daily, etc?

Also can you please answer about the part that Adam asked in his previous response:

It looks like the e-mail queue (the plugin is sending messages in batches) wasn't cleared properly. Is there any server-side caching, especially like Varnish or Memcached or any db "optimization" tools?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• CS_Team
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It was a 2 weekly event on a Tuesday. The event was cancelled and then deleted.

We are not aware of any server-side caching.

We found that changing the from email has changed the notifications so it doesn't seem like a back log they seem to be generating new ones.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi CS_Team,

Thanks for the additional info, I created a similar setup on my installation but I only received initial email, there weren't any additional ones being sent from my installation for a couple of hours now.

Could you provide us with cPanel access so we can dig deeper into this and see if there's some leftover in the database on your site that could be causing this?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• CS_Team
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

My apologies for not replying sooner. The customer wanted to update their theme so we launched a cloned copy without this recurring email stuck in the queue. Fingers crossed we haven't experieinced the issue again. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.