[Events +] Events+ plugin tutorial?

Trying to configure things... I want a list of events that shows the thumbnail, title, and date but not the "takes place on" and location. I'd also like unique colors for the "no" "maybe" and "I'm attending" buttons. How do I set these independently of each other.
Using the shortcode [eab_archive lookahead="yes" weeks="12" ]

• James Morris

Hello Marie,

I hope you are well today.

If you check the Events+ Product Usage page, you will see some basic steps for setting up the plugin and adjusting it to suite your needs. We've also published numerous articles on our blog about using this plugin for specific purposes.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/#product-usage
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/?s=Events%2B

Please give these links a look and see if this gives you the information you need. If not, don't hesitate to reply back here and we'll be happy to assist you further! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Marie

That's not a bad start. The parts of the setup that were so far not obvious to me are:

1. Manual payments: I am getting this error message "You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless." I have no idea what this means or what to do about it and can't figure out how otherwise to give the option that they can bring/mail a check.

2. I want to grab a shortcode (or create a page) that lists the event in an attractive way by date-time, includes a thumbnail, short description, and let's them register. I'd send a screenshot of what I'm getting with the shortcode [eab_archive lookahead="yes" weeks="12" with_thumbnail="yes" ] but it is really ugly, "thumbnail" is full size image and the code throws in unwanted extra words like "takes place on".
    I'm not sure what is meant by the following "plugins" or how to use them. But if they solve the problem, great. Otherwise this is honestly too ugly to use out of the box and I'm not a programmer.

"The Archive template is used for lists of events, similar to how WordPress normally would list blog posts. The built-in templates are as follows:

Plugin: Calendar – A graphical calendar display of events by month
    Plugin: Default – A master list of events with a sidebar for widgets
    Plugin: Full Width – A list of events that spans the full page width

• Ash

Hello Marie

1. Manual payments: I am getting this error message "You do not have MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON keyword in the Instructions field. This means there will be no button and user will not be able to inform you that he/she made a payment, which in turn means that Manual Payment will be practically useless." I have no idea what this means or what to do about it and can't figure out how otherwise to give the option that they can bring/mail a check.

In Events > Settings > Manual Payment Settings > Instructions you must out put the word - "MANUALPAYMENTBUTTON" without quotes, that text will be converted into the payment button.

2. I want to grab a shortcode (or create a page) that lists the event in an attractive way by date-time, includes a thumbnail, short description, and let's them register. I'd send a screenshot of what I'm getting with the shortcode [eab_archive lookahead="yes" weeks="12" with_thumbnail="yes" ] but it is really ugly, "thumbnail" is full size image and the code throws in unwanted extra words like "takes place on".
    I'm not sure what is meant by the following "plugins" or how to use them. But if they solve the problem, great. Otherwise, this is honestly too ugly to use out of the box and I'm not a programmer.

In that case, there are two ways:
    1. You have to use custom css and write new css code to override the default design.
    2. You have to create custom page templates for single-incsub_event.php and archive-incsub_event.php

Plugin: Calendar – A graphical calendar display of events by month
    Plugin: Default – A master list of events with a sidebar for widgets
    Plugin: Full Width – A list of events that spans the full page width

There might be more if your theme provides any template. If so, that they would be labeled with Theme - xxxxxxxxxx.

Then you may select the template from theme and check how it integrates with that design. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Marie

Wow - that's a lot of work and jargon. I am not a programmer. I am a nutritionist. Honestly, what I'm asking for is a common display type that should be a built in option without requiring css or anything more complicated. There are free plugins that do this right out of the box. I don't mean to sound so negative but it's really starting to look like the WPMU line involves far too much programming. Perhaps this is good for the person who enjoys that, I need it simple so I can get back to seeing clients. Thoughts?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.