[Events +] Events + VS The Events Calendar Plugins

I few questions about Events + then some comparisons against The Events Calendar.

Events+
Question 1: If a community user applies a fee to their event, does the website gain a percent of the sale, does the user get 100% of the sale, or does the website get 100% of the sale (minus PayPal fees, of course)?

Question 1.a: If the website is the only one to gain from a sale (or just the user) is there a way to split it? (Like a commission, say 10% of every ticket sold.)

Question 2: Is there a way to feature listings to bring them to the top of a list on a specific day?

Question 3: Is there a way to integrate with other event listings, such as Facebook and Eventbrite?

Events+ (E+) VS The Events Calendar (TEC)
TEC allows integration with Eventbrite or give options for the website to collect comissions. I understand your answer may be biased (since it's about your plugin), but allow me to explain what I'm trying to do so you (the reader) can help me understand which may be better for my situation.

I am creating a community calendar of all tiny house events (like workshops, webinars, festivals, etc) into a single website where users can submit their event and charge a fee in which the website collects a commission (like a flat %). The user does not have to charge a fee, but if they do I would like my site to collect a commission.

Preferably, I would enjoy the feature to integrate with sites such as Eventbrite or Facebook for users which already use these services, but it is not required. I would also prefer to give users the ability to email and update ticket holders with information (such as a cancellation or change in scheduling), but again is not required.

I know that TEC is the immediate answer to my solution, but since I am already paying for the membership here at WPMU Dev, I wanted to find out if there is a way to duplicate most of what I need without having to add another subscription to my finances.

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated! I do not have other techies in my life to speak my thoughts to and needed some feedback.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Stephanie,

Let me get your questions one by one :slight_smile:

Question 1: If a community user applies a fee to their event, does the website gain a percent of the sale, does the user get 100% of the sale, or does the website get 100% of the sale (minus PayPal fees, of course)?

Question 1.a: If the website is the only one to gain from a sale (or just the user) is there a way to split it? (Like a commission, say 10% of every ticket sold.)

If you're using single site and default E+ payment method then all the payments will go to single PP account that you set in E+ settings.
    If you decide to go with Multisite and MarketPress integration (Add-on available in E+) then you can use chained payments in MarketPress to split the income.

Question 2: Is there a way to feature listings to bring them to the top of a list on a specific day?

I'm afraid that E+ doesn't have such option but it sounds like an interesting addition so perhaps you could start new ticket in Features & Feedback section so our devs can consider adding it in future :slight_smile:

Question 3: Is there a way to integrate with other event listings, such as Facebook and Eventbrite?

There's an add-on that imports FB events, but FB started doing some major changes to their API and the add-on doesn't work at the moment I'm afraid, their changes are still in undergoing process so we're waiting for that to finish to see how to continue with this.
    As for Eventbrite, I'm afraid that this integration is not available but perhaps using Zapier would do the trick for that:
    https://zapier.com/apps/eventbrite/integrations/wordpress

Events+ (E+) VS The Events Calendar (TEC)

I think that this part is pretty much explained by my answers above, right?
    Long story short, for taking a commission by using E+ you would need to include MarketPress in the story and use multisite and chained payments.
    And for Eventbrit I only see Zapier as a possible workaround.

If I missed anything please let me know :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.