Events + Facebook Sync. I need to sync events from facebook to website and from website to facebook

Hello

I have the Events+ plugin on a client's website most of the things work well, I am having a problem with the facebook sync extension. It won't sync events to and from Facebook to the website. I have everything setup correctly, it connects fine but it won't sync.

I have configured everything on Facebook App and it was picking up the page id under "user id" then after following a thread in the forms, it suggested that I reset, I did the reset then I authenticated again and it did not fill in the field for user ID, and I manually entered the user id. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or not. I need help, this is urgent as some of the events are on the website and not on Facebook and some are on Facebook and not on the website, these should be synced ASAP.

What could be the possible problem here and how can I solve it? I really need this to work ASAP.

Thanks in advance for the help

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mahlamusa,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Events+" plugin doesn't push events to Facebook. It includes an add-on to import events from Facebook. That said, are you referring to that feature only or do you use any additional FB-related plugins on your site?

Would you mind if I took a look at your setup? It would be great if you could grant me a support access to it as explained here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please also point me to a Facebook page from which events should be fetched.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Quoting from the plugin's page found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

"Save Time – Service Sync
    Sharing your events on social media should be easy, so we made it that way. One post updates everything – both ways. Sync with Facebook Events to share on your site and Facebook.

You can even pull events from other popular calendars with import from Google Calendar and Meetup.com."

It says both ways, but I can't get it to do even the one way. Why?

If the plugin pulls from Facebook, does it pull events from user account, group or page? I ask because it never pulled events from a given Facebook page and the user has no events to his name.

The plugin's page says it can "sync" two ways between the two to share on both the website and Facebook, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this plugin.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mahlamusa,

My apologies. This is a mistake on our project page - it should say that it only imports, it's one way sync. I've already asked the project writer to update this.

It will import from the users events. So the reason it's not working for you is because the user hasn't RSVP'd to any fb events. I do think that adding support for importing page events would be awesome. I'll mark this as a feature request, along with two way sync.

If you have any further questions on this just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mahlamusa!

I think we may have caused some confusion here and I'm sorry for this. Let me then try to sort it out again.

As Tyler mentioned, there's a mistake on a project page and it should be corrected soon. The Events+ plugin is capable of fetching events from Facebook and it's a one-way sync, meaning that the events are pulled but not pushed. To make use of it you will first need to create a Facebook app and then

- enable "Import: Facebook" add-on
    - provide it with FB app API ID and Secret key (on Events -> Settings -> Facebook Events import page)
    - authenticate Events+ with FB using "Authenticate" button on the same page (that's an important step)

The Events+ plugin will then grab your profile ID from Facebook and will be able to fetch events that you created via your Facebook Profile. These are your "personal profile" events, created by you and set to be public. Private events can only be viewed/visited by those who were invited.

You may also fetch events from any of your pages. By "your pages" I'm referring to the pages that you own or of which you're and administrator. You will however want to explicitly specify OpenGraph (Facebook) ID of such a page. To do this you will want first to copy an entire URL of that Facebook page and then:

- visit this site: http://findmyfbid.com/
    - put FB page URL in a text box on that site and hit "Find numeric ID" blue button
    - copy returned numeric ID
    - go to your dashboard's "Events -> Settings -> Facebook Events import" page
    - replace an ID in an "Import events for this Facebook user ID" option and save settings.

Again, this is a one way (fetch only) sync and it will fetch public events from the page that either belongs to you or for which you're granted full administration capabilities.

There are two important factors to note:

- make sure please that you actually authenticated Events with your Facebook APP (that's required right after providing "Facebook Events import settings" page with APP ID and APP secret; if the "Autenthicate" button is there, it would mean that this step has been skipped and sync will not work)

- in order to fetch events from your page, you will want to find numeric OpenGraph ID of that page (as explained above) and provide it in Events configuration (on "Facebook Events import settings" page).

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.