Events+ Group Calendar not working

wp 3.5.1, bp 1.6.4, events+ 1.5.3

The Prev/Next links on the group calendar page don’t work. I get “page Not found” errors. I’ve tried:

1. Re-saving permalinks

2. Administrator account

3. Subscriber account

Thanks,

Jeff

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeff,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Events+ plugin.

Please post the URL to the page that this is occurring so that I can check the source code and page for errors.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Jeff Schodde
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I installed the beta version today (events-and-bookings-1.5.4-BETA-2.zip ) and found that one of my issues is resolved.

Solved:

User posting new event no longer sees groups they don’t belong to in the dropdown on the event form.

Not solved:

The calendar at the bottom of a group’s event page has Prev/Next links that don’t work. I get a “Page not found” error.

Can anyone report their results?

• Jeff Schodde

OK, so I think I found the problem. Somehow my slug for "groups" is now called "clubs" and I don't know why. The slug for the page I'm using is "clubs" perhaps that's it.

Any ways, when you click on any of the menu items on the group page, the slug is "clubs", but when you click on the Prev/Next links to change the month on the group calendar, it says "groups". See screenshot.

I don't have any settings in my wp-config to redefine the slugs either. Example:

define ( 'BP_GROUPS_SLUG', 'gatherings' );.

I haven't found the line(s) of code in the plugin that determines the slug yet. Once I find it, I'm thinking it's not looking in the right place.

Anyone?

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi

I agree that you’re on the right track.

The href for Prev and Next are determined in the file

events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-buddypress-group_events.php lines 313-316. Here’s the code

$root = $bp->root_domain . '/' . $bp->groups->slug . '/' . $bp->groups->current_group->slug . '/';

$prev_url = $root . self::SLUG . date_i18n('/Y/m/', $timestamp - (28*86400));
    $next_url = $root . self::SLUG . date_i18n('/Y/m/', $timestamp + (32*86400));

I half expected to see groups hardcoded, but this looks right to me.

Do you have a plugin that could be changing the groups slug to clubs?

Cheers

Mort3n

• Jeff Schodde

I took the liberty of deactivating all plugins and the issue remains. I’ve noticed in other areas of this plugin, the slug is determined by using

get_option('slug')

I wonder if this would make a difference?

The only other thing I can think of is that my “groups” page specified in the BuddyPress Pages section uses a slug of “clubs” instead of the default “groups”.

-Jeff

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeff Schodde,

Thank you for all the additional input and screen shots as well.

Regarding the slugs and clubs … lol … to me this indeed seems to be a bizarre occurrence without any idea to a cure. Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

This is quite interesting, as @mort3n said the plugin should obey the slug you’re using for your groups. BuddyPress seems to understand it’s being “clubs”, but somehow that doesn’t seem to propagate. Can we please try to either change the slug of your Groups page to “groups” or, possibly even better, explicitly set your groups slug to “clubs”, via the define you mentioned earlier?

• Jeff Schodde

I think I’ve solved the problem. It turns out another plugin I’m using for group links (from PressCrew) had a similar problem: I would navigate to a group page, click on the Links menu (slug=”clubs”:wink:, then “Create a Group Link” (slug=”groups”:wink: and get a “Page not found”. I figured what-the-hell, why not try this setting in my wp-config:

define( ‘BP_GROUPS_SLUG’, ‘clubs’ );

Lo and behold, it works now!

Can you think of any reason NOT to use this setting?

Thanks,

Jeff

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jeff,

Kudos to you sir and there is absolutely no reason why you cannot use that define in the manner you have discovered and great job there.

Thank you for posting this solution sharing it with other members as well to their benefit. Some rep points sent your way.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.