Events importing FB events from the main account, not from a page

Import: Facebook Events add-on importing events from a personal account. I wish to import events from another Facebook Page. Facebook page ID is added to the Event's setting.

• viobru

Hi, Laurence!

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

To make sure that this issue is not caused by a plugin conflict, I have to ask for your help as we need to run a conflict test.

Before proceeding with it, please make sure you have an updated backup of your site.

That being said, will you be so gentle to deactivate all plugins except Events+ and check if that problem persists? If not, then enable all plugins, one at a time, and check if the problem persists after activating each one. If none of them is causing the issue, please switch to the default WordPress theme (like Twenty Seventeen) and check if the problem has gone.

Please, let me know how the conflict test performed.

If you’re not able to run it, just let me know and I’ll run it for you (please note that running a conflict test may cause some things to stop for a while).

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Violeta

• viobru

Hi, Laurence!

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay in my response, but I’m afraid there’s no way to force the plugin to check and import events each time it is enabled; and it’s also true that, in this particular case, running the conflict test might take too much time and not be easy to test, so I do apologize for giving you that instruction.

I’ve tried to replicate this on my testing site, but I wasn’t able to, so I’ve asked some of my colleagues and it seems to be a problem with the API, so I’ve moved this to our Second Line Support team so they can have a closer look at it. Please note that SLS response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Violeta

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hi Laurence

I hope you are doing great today. I am sorry for the delayed response with regards to this issue and I hope we work together to resolve it soon.

I have checked and double checked the code of Events+ and the Documentation for Facebook API, it seems Events + as it stands will not be able to import events from the Facebook Page due to restrictions on the API. In order for this to be possible the code of Events+ plugin need to be changed a little bit to accommodate the way the Facebook API works. Even thought I have not used the Facebook import feature before, but I think it used to work such that it imports events from a user's profile and for the pages they control if they specified the ID of the page they want to import from, but now the new Facebook API has different end points for the user and the pages.

I was preparing a code snippet that can be added to the Events+ Facebook import addon, but unfortunately I was not able to test it on my site because Facebook now requires that I create an App and submit it for review in order for the to fully enable the API on my account.

Do you perhaps have an approved App that can be used for testing, if you do please share login information to your website so I can adjust and test the code of Events+ to see if it will import the events. I would normally share the code here but since there is a lot of new information in the Facebook Documentation, there is also a lot to test after adding the code, for this reason I would like to add the code and test it to avoid any back and forth while testing. Please share your WordPress and FTP login via our secure contact form

In the contact form, please choose "I have a different question" then in the subject write "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" and in the Message include:

- WordPress Admin Login (login url, username and password)
    - FTP Login (FTP Host, Port, Username and Password)
    - Link back to this thread

Once I have this information I will add the code and test on your website and hopefully we will have it import the events successfully.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.