Events Integration into Theme; not displaying properly

Hello Community --
We are currently building out our website, similar to a V2, and have decided to use the Kallyas theme from ThemeForest.

However, I cannot find an Events engine that works out of the box with the theme. Only because the display of the /events pages are really out of place. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this to display properly, had the similar problem with this specific theme or be interested in helping us out? Currently we have the website in "Coming Soon" mode, but would be glad to make it active if someone would like to look into it.

http://cityofhanahan.com/events/

See attached: Web 1 is the events disply (not correct). Web 2 is how the layout should look.

Thanks,
David

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

Did you try to choose this template page to display events archives? I'm talking when you are using WPMU DEV Events+ https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/ - it has by default own templates - but changing to one from theme should work. Please see attached screenshoot.

In Events+ Settings -> Appearance Settings -> tick "Override default appearance?" and then from selects below you will be able to choose templates from your theme - so events page should look better.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you. That seemed to fix the problem.

Now, I see by default the Events are under domain.com/upcoming

However, when I attempt to go there it shows as "Archives: Events" and then there is nothing displayed even though I have events in 2016 scheduled and in the Events + engine. Any idea why they aren't displaying?

I also see a page /upcoming-events/ that appears to be working, but nothing is displayed there either.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

However, when I attempt to go there it shows as "Archives: Events" and then there is nothing displayed even though I have events in 2016 scheduled and in the Events + engine. Any idea why they aren't displaying?

Please enable "Default to all Events" add-on in Events+ settings. Enabling this add-on should show all events on archives page.

If no year or month arguments are passed to your archive page requests, this simple add-on will show all applicable Events instead of truncating them to montly archives.

Let me know if this helps.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.